mcfriz Member 9 Member For: 15y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 13/05/11 06:46 AM Posted 13/05/11 06:46 AM so I have a 2003 BA xr6 turbo mk1 ute 4 spd auto. A few mates have new SS utes and have been stirring me up about being quicker so I simply wont be having a bar of that... I have acquired an intune exhaust system (turbo back), and an intercooler that is a direct replacement for the stock one. I also have an f6 style air intake with the extra pipe into the airbox from under the headlight and a k&n air filter. my question is what sorts of things should I be looking at replacing engine wise to prevent any nasty breakages. I know that new injectors are required and I know that the mk1 is renound for having bad valve springs. is there anything else I should look at and wondering if anyone would know a ballpark figure at what sort of power I could expect from all this and a tune?thanks everyone.
lowfly Member 107 Member For: 20y 7m 25d Posted 14/05/11 05:40 AM Posted 14/05/11 05:40 AM You just need a good tune now and they'll be toast, should be good for 270 + atw.
riptide Member 733 Member For: 15y 8m 22d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 12/05/12 11:33 PM Posted 12/05/12 11:33 PM (edited) As above ^If you can pick up some cheap 42lb injectors they would be good and maybe look at a fuel pump just for fuel safety. But might be ok without them, especially if you don't plan to upgrade the trans.A non SA 270kw is pretty good power. If you don't have a boost gauge it is a good, low cost addition too. Edited 12/05/12 11:35 PM by riptide
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now