darkness Member 20 Member For: 16y 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/05/11 12:25 AM Posted 13/05/11 12:25 AM hey guys I have a problem I have recently used a cappa flash tune on my car and the first month I haven’t had any problems but recently when I give the car a bootfull and come to a complete stop it gets really shaky like its going to stall after I drive it again it goes away,doesn’t happen all the time but I cant see what it would be I have changed the spark plugs and fuel filter have also done a service and has only been around 200/500 kms any ideas would be greatly appreciated
darkness Member 20 Member For: 16y 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/05/11 12:27 AM Author Posted 13/05/11 12:27 AM sorry forgot to mention it is a ba xr6t
TotallyHaggard Member 26 Member For: 15y 6m 4d Gender: Male Posted 13/05/11 12:37 AM Posted 13/05/11 12:37 AM Do you have any mods other than the Flash Tune?Have you tried flashing it back to stock and see if it still happens?Dont really know anything much about the Cappa tune, but it might be worth getting someone to tune it properly?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 13/05/11 12:51 AM Posted 13/05/11 12:51 AM how much boost is it running? Stock valve springs? When was the last time it saw a new fuel filter and spark plugs?
darkness Member 20 Member For: 16y 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/05/11 12:25 AM Author Posted 17/05/11 12:25 AM yeah I have put it back to stock and it hasnt happened yet so im guessing it could be that but I dont understand why?I have just recently changed plugs and fuel filter as I thought that could be a problem once I flash tune it and was running sweet for a month or two till this happened all I have done to the car atm is a f6 airbox tranny cooler and the flash tune, but it only happened now and then even if I gave it a hard time
darkness Member 20 Member For: 16y 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/05/11 12:26 AM Author Posted 17/05/11 12:26 AM stock boost is 6psi and after I flashed it was running 10psi and yes valve springs are stock could that be it?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/05/11 12:35 AM Posted 17/05/11 12:35 AM Could be. What gap where the plugs set to?
darkness Member 20 Member For: 16y 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/05/11 02:48 AM Author Posted 17/05/11 02:48 AM set to .8 or .7 cant remember but it wasnt misfiring just when the car come to a complete stop after a good trashing it gets really shakey like its going to stall
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/05/11 02:55 AM Posted 17/05/11 02:55 AM Valve springs
darkness Member 20 Member For: 16y 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/05/11 03:19 AM Author Posted 17/05/11 03:19 AM really? why is that sorry if that's a newbie question I just dont get it
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now