Honest Gaza The Thief of BadGags Legacy Donating Member 527 Member For: 23y 1d Location: Sydney Posted 11/11/03 12:31 AM Posted 11/11/03 12:31 AM Have had the car for 4 days and took it for a run up the F3 on Sunday. Thought I would do the right thing and cruise at varying speeds while the engine breaks in. On one particular stretch of road while sitting on 90km as per the speed limit, my 11 yr old was dismayed to see the number of cars that were passing us. The conversation went something like this :"Dad...why is everyone passing us ?""I'm just sitting on the speed limit son""But Dad, that old couple just passed us""They are being naughty son""Now that sh*tbox with the little exhaust just passed us""It's called not suffering from peer pressure son""No Dad....it's called KICKING YOUR ARSE !!!"Maybe I am not worthy after all. :( Honest Gaza
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 15d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 11/11/03 12:36 AM Posted 11/11/03 12:36 AM Ha ha Don't worry about it mate, you're doing the right thing.
Guest Woody Guests Posted 11/11/03 12:42 AM Posted 11/11/03 12:42 AM Don't worry my laser barely makes it to 90 k's. Anyway you want a road with corners to have fun. Woody.
100% Premium Donating Member Legacy Donating Member 641 Member For: 22y 11m 12d Gender: Male Location: If it says ONLINE below, in front of the computer, if not, tearin' up some bitumen! Posted 11/11/03 12:45 AM Posted 11/11/03 12:45 AM So your son stays home next time right?
ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 5m 1d Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 11/11/03 04:36 AM Posted 11/11/03 04:36 AM My eight year knows everytime I have given the car a bit of curry...as I am in the garage letting it idle for around 30 seconds...he always says "Dad have you been fanging her again" I can see the need for adrenalin rushes starts at a very early age.
XR6T4ME Member 186 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Location: Melbourne Posted 11/11/03 06:24 AM Posted 11/11/03 06:24 AM Yep, I have been there. It is a killer but anoying for other drivers seeing you cruise then pick up your speed then drop off again.I have had mine 3 weeks now and love every chance I get to give her a big squirt of Shell Optimax. Wanted bad - Roads with unlimited speed limit (not in NT). Honest Gaza, how long are you planning to run yours in?
XR6T4ME Member 186 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Location: Melbourne Posted 11/11/03 06:28 AM Posted 11/11/03 06:28 AM My eight year knows everytime I have given the car a bit of curry...as I am in the garage letting it idle for around 30 seconds...he always says "Dad have you been fanging her again" I can see the need for adrenalin rushes starts at a very early age. Hey Zman, I have always done it with my previous turbos but I do not think you need to call down the T after a run as it has internal cooling on the turbo.Unless you have raced the car to your doorstep!!!! hehehehe.Anybody correct me if I am wrong.
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 12/11/03 02:29 AM Posted 12/11/03 02:29 AM Hey Honest Gaza.Seriously, dont go treating that car with kid gloves.Tootling about without putting the thing under some pressure WILL NOT bed the rings in correctly and you'll end up with lower power and possible higher oil consumption.Best way is to have plenty of 3/4 to full throttle accelerations in the lower gears. Highway cruising is also fine but you still must have some good acceleration sections so that the rings are forced hard against the cylinder walls. This is fundamental in getting a good ring to wall seal.This is one reason that police pursuit cars often perform so well. Hard work from the go-get.Dont forget to let us know how happy you are though......
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 12/11/03 03:06 AM Posted 12/11/03 03:06 AM Drive it like you stole it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Scotty
cvanxr Member 502 Member For: 23y 10m 20d Location: Country NSW Posted 12/11/03 03:19 AM Posted 12/11/03 03:19 AM Yep. It's starts early alright. My 3 year old sits in her car seat saying "go faster daddy." I'm still trying to explain the concept of speed limits & police to her. :lol:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now