joey6t9 Member 25 Member For: 16y 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth- WA Posted 27/03/11 03:21 PM Posted 27/03/11 03:21 PM So I was thinking of putting some territory brakes on my ba series 2 with standard brakes, just wondering if this is worth doing what the size difference is between the stock ba ones and territory ones, and what I will need ie; will I need the brackets? Or anything else? Looking forward to your replies.Thanks
cobramad Member 824 Member For: 21y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 20/04/11 01:58 PM Posted 20/04/11 01:58 PM Hey Joey,I fitted Territory rears ( I assume that's what you are referring to?) onto my BA2 F6. It made a noticable difference but you will either need to trim the backing plate or it will touch the caliper and maybe rub onto the rotor. Its much nicer to look at than the tiny single piston rear caliper/ solid rotor factory combo as fitter to earlier XR's and Phoons. Hope this helps mate.Mal K
BBQBurner Member 5 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Posted 26/06/11 12:47 PM Posted 26/06/11 12:47 PM The fronts fit aswell, 30mm bigger rotor and about 1/3 larger pad, gives a nicer pedal feel.
FG50T Member 568 Member For: 22y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/07/11 06:02 AM Posted 05/07/11 06:02 AM Do 17's fit over the Territory rears?
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 12d Gender: Male Posted 05/07/11 07:01 AM Posted 05/07/11 07:01 AM I have a bf mk 2 with the brake upgrade which are the terri brakes. 322mm up front and 328mm on the rear. try and even get the calipers if you can. 17s will fit but nothing less.
PhilMeUp Member 1,045 Member For: 18y 2m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 06/07/11 08:51 PM Posted 06/07/11 08:51 PM (edited) The fronts fit aswell, 30mm bigger rotor and about 1/3 larger pad, gives a nicer pedal feel.The Territory and Falcon 322mm disc (ie BF XR6 Turbo and XR8) use the same front pads - http://bendix.com.au/catalogue?manufacturer=&model=&variant=&oepart=∂=DB1473I bought a BF XR6 Turbo front brake setup from a wrecker this afternoon for $200 (ie 322mm discs). For that price it was too good to pass up on.Put it all on tonight. Can't pick a huge difference, but it's only early days. I'll do around 1,000km over the weekend so will have a better assessment of it by Sunday morning.Photos and what I did: Edited 06/07/11 08:55 PM by PhilMeUp
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now