jhols1 New Member 15 Member For: 15y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Withcott QLD 4352 Posted 16/03/11 07:35 AM Posted 16/03/11 07:35 AM Hello, need advice asap, I have a 4speed auto in my turbo ute and its completely uprated and am still having issues with it, wanting to know if I buy a zf 6speed auto with computer and harness, will I be able to bolt it straight in and tune it and drive away, or will there be issues with the LOOM????? abs sensors etcplanning on buying the 6 speed this week, before it gets sold, its out of a tyfoon.Cheersjustin
RIP_HSV HOON Member 1,636 Member For: 16y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: W.A Posted 16/03/11 09:11 AM Posted 16/03/11 09:11 AM Isn't your ute pretty stock? do you have an aftermarket transcooler fitted?
phantom xr6t Talks Cheap, Let's Race Member 596 Member For: 19y 10m 18d Gender: Male Location: Atherton, FNQ Posted 16/03/11 09:29 AM Posted 16/03/11 09:29 AM you would need almost everything from the donor car, trans, computers, looms and lots of small things I would guess, not a really simple job but can be done. it would then have to be towed to ford so they can make everything talk to each other again before tuning.
jhols1 New Member 15 Member For: 15y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Withcott QLD 4352 Posted 16/03/11 12:02 PM Author Posted 16/03/11 12:02 PM I can get the 6 speed and computer and harness for around $3000.my 4 speed is completely uprated, and has a trans cooler on it, am running 315rwkw and about 900nm. I keep burning out the bandsso its gonna still cost a fair bit then with alot of mucking around?
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/03/11 09:50 PM Posted 16/03/11 09:50 PM Yep, Ninka did it, had a very patient dealer who helped him as well, needed to replace ECU's and ABS modules, cost him close to 12K plus labour I think.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/03/11 11:23 PM Posted 16/03/11 11:23 PM I would not do it, as you would be better spending the money on a better built 4speed or get a C4.While the conversion has been done and documents on this site, it took a long time and needed the dealer to help with the wiring and diagnostics.There are many cars here on this site that run a 4Speed and have no problems with over 350rwkw, so getting a better 4speed would be the cheapest option.
icer Banned 2,335 Member For: 17y 2m 16d Gender: Male Location: Aspendale, Vic. Posted 16/03/11 11:57 PM Posted 16/03/11 11:57 PM jhols1, the bands only get fried if you keep boosting in 4th gear. Do you race and go to 4th? If so, then you will fry the box.Also, depends on the tune. If the tuner has no idea about shift pressures and torque reduction then the auto will not last.
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 17/03/11 12:26 AM Posted 17/03/11 12:26 AM 315 should be ok get a better tuner to look at the set up.as said don't flog it in normal drive mode use sport mode if you wanna play.
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 5d Gender: Male Posted 17/03/11 12:30 AM Posted 17/03/11 12:30 AM fark 12k for a zf conversion would have been cheaper to get a c4
jhols1 New Member 15 Member For: 15y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Withcott QLD 4352 Posted 17/03/11 06:00 AM Author Posted 17/03/11 06:00 AM yeah I dont race the ute at all, and I dont do burnouts and when I do give it a squirt I always use manual mode, the tune is a good tune and I havent been over 150km/hr on the road as of yet, will be looking further in the tune next week to sort it out, otherwise will be gonna do a c4 in the near future, or sell the ute lol.the box was built buy gilroys in Toowoomba
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now