FastR1Red Member 360 Member For: 21y 5m Gender: Male Location: Mt Waverley Posted 05/03/11 09:13 PM Posted 05/03/11 09:13 PM Was driving down KooWeeRup rd yesterday just out of Healesville and every car that passed me flashed their headlights..OK so there's a speed camera ahead thanks guys.So the cars in front of me back off to 80kmh and I'm sitting behind them. It's a 100kmh road, clearly signposted at both ends. Looked at my speedo and yep I was doing 80kmh as well, but I got FLASHED!!!! WTF?? I've been sitting at 80 for the past 2km.
arm79 Legacy Donating Member 214 Member For: 17y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/03/11 12:00 AM Posted 06/03/11 12:00 AM Hopefully it was them getting flashed for doing 20 under the limit. But I doubt it that little pipe dream of mine would come true.I'm to understand that every few cars that go past, the camera is required to do a self test... Which triggers the flash... And ultimately scares the crap out of some poor unsuspecting driver.There is a good thread about this on AFF in the Pub or Bar section I remember reading. Spells it out pretty well.
FastR1Red Member 360 Member For: 21y 5m Gender: Male Location: Mt Waverley Posted 06/03/11 02:26 AM Author Posted 06/03/11 02:26 AM Ah good thanks for that, I try and find it.Yeh it's a real PITA people hitting the picks at 100kmh to 80 when their quite ok doing 100,,,they'll get rammed by a truck soon.
_John_ Member 287 Member For: 15y 11m 10d Gender: Male Posted 06/03/11 03:09 AM Posted 06/03/11 03:09 AM Stationary / permanent speed camera? Was a guy there testing it maybe?I fuggin HATE people who are tooling along 110+ kph they see the camera and brooooooort down to 80 and then back to 110+ soon as they`re through it.I drive through a speed camera twice a day 6 days a week, its been there 18 months? Never ever seen it flash once and ping anyone.lol I don`t think it makes much dough cause they are always testing it..
Stazza_Brendan Legacy Donating Member 686 Member For: 16y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Mackay QLD Posted 06/03/11 04:08 AM Posted 06/03/11 04:08 AM If mobile one ive heard they can do it to calibrate/test the machine.
FastR1Red Member 360 Member For: 21y 5m Gender: Male Location: Mt Waverley Posted 06/03/11 09:29 AM Author Posted 06/03/11 09:29 AM Yeh it was a mobile camera, in one of those small AWD,s. Saw 2 that day, and not one today which really surprised me.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now