Trento Member 9 Member For: 15y 8m 12d Posted 10/02/11 02:30 AM Posted 10/02/11 02:30 AM Hey guy's.I wanna debadge my xr6 cause the 2 badge's on the side are faded and peeling and I just wanna remove them for a more clean look.Apparently you can it at home with a heat gun, fishing wire and addhesive remover?Has any one actually tried cause I dont wanna do it and there's glue still stuck to the car =[.HELP!?
Turbonator Legacy Donating Member 108 Member For: 15y 9m 11d Gender: Male Posted 10/02/11 02:57 AM Posted 10/02/11 02:57 AM A heat gun/hair dryer/fishing line is the safest way to go. I did see someone mention a screwdriver awhile back, but I'd never go near my paint with a screwdriver!I've always had good results removing adhesive from painted or glass surfaces using WD40. I always wash and wax the painted area afterwards.
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 8d Gender: Male Posted 10/02/11 03:09 AM Posted 10/02/11 03:09 AM Took mine off the exact way you suggested and there was left over glue.. I just used goo remover
Trento Member 9 Member For: 15y 8m 12d Posted 10/02/11 04:00 AM Author Posted 10/02/11 04:00 AM So it does work then? Just instead of addhesive use goo remover?
Johnny G Team Grandpa Qualified Legacy Donating Member 809 Member For: 21y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane North. Posted 10/02/11 07:56 AM Posted 10/02/11 07:56 AM Easy to do - start with the fishing line, then the foam sticker underneath basically rubs off with a variety of chemicals... WD40, goo remover all pretty safe. Wash the area, then go through a three step polish process and you'll never know. Don't use anything harder than a cotton bud (in other words dont put screwdrivers or wooden spatulas anywhere near the job).
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 10/02/11 10:52 AM Posted 10/02/11 10:52 AM Best way to get the leftover sh*t off is to use eucalyptus oil... Works a treat!!! :-)
Guest XR09 Guests Posted 11/02/11 04:05 AM Posted 11/02/11 04:05 AM (edited) A credit card works better than fishing line. White spirits is great for getting glue off without damaging the paint. Just wipe it over and leave it for a few minutes ... then it will easily ball up and come off. It's also good for getting wax/polish off the black bits on your car Edited 11/02/11 04:06 AM by XR09
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/02/11 04:23 AM Posted 11/02/11 04:23 AM I can think of better things to do with White Spirits, lol. Is it the same deal with the FG badges, people done them?
Guest XR09 Guests Posted 11/02/11 04:35 AM Posted 11/02/11 04:35 AM Yes true. And not far off starting lolAnd yes they are all put on with double sided tape. Well the body ones.
j.d Member 1,222 Member For: 16y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 11/02/11 05:37 AM Posted 11/02/11 05:37 AM took mine off my ba, just picked at the corner with my finger and pulled them off, got rid off the glue with eucalyptus oil
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now