Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted (edited)

hey guys,

well the phoons up for sum new rubber, im over the 19's want sumthing bigger.

Ive decided on some 20's in staggered, was just about to give credit card details today on some 20' staggered Argent copies. Then old mate tells me they wont fit!

I was about to order, 20x8 & 20x9.5' with 245/30/20 fronts and 275/30/20 rears, apparently in a +36 offset I was told.

He reckons I can only fit 225's on the front and 245's on the rear, I said well u can jam that up your bum, why bother with 9.5' rears then!

So what the feck do I need to do here to fit 245 fronts and 275 rears in 20's on my BF Phoon preferably without rolling the guards??

And what offsets? I want these wheels and the price is fantastic, but they ONLY come in +36 offset... :bangcomputer:

Cheers lads.

ps- the car currently sits on King SL fronts and SSL rears, but im considering dropping the rear another 20mm or so to level it out properly, so this will probably make wheel/rubber choice worse!

Edited by Trough Lolly
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

You WILL have to roll your guards..

  • UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted (edited)

I have these wheels all are 20x8 and there is no problem running 245/30/20 on the front,I also want the 9.5 rears but they will have to wait!!for you to fit that size rubber under the back as dillz said you will need to roll the guards.. :beerchug:

Edited by fpv6t
  • A much better forum
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

I have 20x10 with +40, which will sit exactly the same as 20x9.5 with +36... I am running 275/30/20 and probably have the rear at the height you want... Have a look at some of my pics... You'll see... My guards are rolled 100%... front and rear... You'll definitely need to do the rear... And if the fronts really low, it'll hit the lip on tight cornering and cut the tyre.

20x8 with +36 offset is perfect... You can put 245/30/20 on them... He is probably referring to a 35 series tyre. If you run 245/35/20 tyre it will hit the upper control arm on the inside...

The only problem with 20's is finding Tyres for them. I have nankangs which are as loud as f*ck, but grip really well...

I have been told to go to "achilles" as these are quieter...

The only other load rated (93+) Tyres in a 245/30/20 for the front are nueton and HP/clear...

Austyre (which are not noisy and grip well... Good value for $$$) sell a 225/35/20 which are load rated... And the higher profile will help from

Buckling/dinting the front wheels on a pot hole...

The rears 275/30/20 come in f*cking heaps of brands that are load rated... You can spend some big $$$ but you will need to get decent Tyres if you want grip... :-)

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted (edited)

the package was with the Achilles ATR Sports.

So whats the go then? will the rear 20x9.5 with 275/30/20 fit ONLY if I roll the guard? or wont fit at all..??

ive been running 245/35/19 "Traxxion" tires which were on the car when purchased, trust me, a wet paper bag would grip better than the sh*t ive already got!!

Edited by Trough Lolly
  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Worm

:stupid: He knows his tyre sh*t...

  • UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

they will fit with the guards rolled.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mildura
Posted

ok so ive definately got to make sure they are going to fit 30 profile on the front, not 35 as it will hit the upper arm...

hmmm only thing about rolling guards is nobody really does a proper job here in this 1 horse town, only some yobbo who bought one online and reckons hes pro.. I think hes done about 4 cars!!

Do you need to use a heat treated roller, or do u just do it cold and gradual??

Whats is worth for rears to be rolled??

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

:dontknow:

Pays someone that know what there doing?? Your not that far in rhe stix are you?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...