tamz Member 21 Member For: 16y 8m 7d Posted 01/12/10 05:18 AM Posted 01/12/10 05:18 AM Hey guys, I recently had my extreme ceramic clutch rebuilt (yes I know malwood would have been better but unfortunately didnt have the funds) and now in the process of refitting it... I've heard a few things about shimming the clutch slave cylinder to get the correct travel and operating heights of the clutch pedal.. Could someone pls clarify this to me.. How do I go about measuring and from which points? I did the T56 conversion and far as I know it has a standard 2mm spacer behind the CSC...Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Tam
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 01/12/10 05:58 AM Posted 01/12/10 05:58 AM was the clutch height/feel okay before the clutch was rebuilt? why did it fail/need to be rebuilt?There are specs on the net avialbe for CSC clearance. You need to measure the distance from mounting face on the bell housing too the clutch pressure plate spring fingers (A), you then neeed to measure from the front of the gearbox to the thrust bearing on the retracted CSC(B)Subtract A from B too determine the clearance the link below will give you the method but not the specs. They should be in the manual. I dont have these specshttp://www.erareplicas.com/427man/clutch/conc_to.htmOr ring Mal Wood and ask him too run you through it,he will probably tell you off for buying a shite clutch but he would also be a good source for the spacer plates you need
tamz Member 21 Member For: 16y 8m 7d Posted 01/12/10 08:14 AM Author Posted 01/12/10 08:14 AM was the clutch height/feel okay before the clutch was rebuilt? why did it fail/need to be rebuilt?There are specs on the net avialbe for CSC clearance. You need to measure the distance from mounting face on the bell housing too the clutch pressure plate spring fingers (A), you then neeed to measure from the front of the gearbox to the thrust bearing on the retracted CSC(B)Subtract A from B too determine the clearance the link below will give you the method but not the specs. They should be in the manual. I dont have these specshttp://www.erareplicas.com/427man/clutch/conc_to.htmOr ring Mal Wood and ask him too run you through it,he will probably tell you off for buying a sh*te clutch but he would also be a good source for the spacer plates you needThe clutch was fine and had no problems at all handled around 360kw for 60,000kms with no probs what so ever... After I ditched the 5spd n fitted the T56 it only lasted a couple months and the release point was really high thus kept stalling but didn't really feel it slipping... So I took It out n got it rebuilt with better pucks, diaphram and more clamp load... Thanks Alot for that link been hunting everywhere for a diagram like that...I also found this on mals ace clutch site http://www.aceclutch.com.au/pdf/Clutch_Fitting_Tips.pdf The manual doesn't say the measurements and I even called Extreme and they didt have any specs either... So I'm thinking 14-17mm.. But just want to make sure and get it right... . Not planning to keep the car for much longer which is why I just resorted to rebuildin the extreme clutch... Already spent Alot of money on it... Now need to fund other projects lol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now