Guest HocuSChrisT Guests Posted 31/10/03 06:28 PM Posted 31/10/03 06:28 PM Seems these alarm systems have minds of their own and all do something different.Wife's XT (standard immobiliser) - horn beeps briefly if you try to lock it when it is already locked.My T (Ford-fitted alarm) - no chirps or horn sound on arm/disarm, even with repeated arming/locking. If I open the boot when the alarm is on, it gives 3 warning beeps of the horn. If the car is disarmed/unlocked and no door is opened within a set time, it gives 3 beeps and rearms/relocksI understand the alarm on the GT gives warning chirps on arm/disarm.As far as I am aware, they are all pretty basic with no form of shock sensor, or interior movement detectors etc. Therefore they wouldn't react to a "smash and grab" through a broken window.If anyone has successfully upgraded the optional Ford "upgrade" alarm, details would be very welcome.Regardszeke The way I understand it, the car doesn't come standard with an alarm. It's a $600 option. The standard car only comes with an immobilizer and a panic button on the keyset.
Guest P'cisT Guests Posted 01/11/03 05:12 AM Posted 01/11/03 05:12 AM I've got a Stinger Upgrade Alarm for the T. It fully intergrates intothe existing system and chirps twice/once when locking/unlockingrespectively. It has shock sensors and all. Paid about $600 as I recall.Annoying thing is that the alarm goes off if you just open the bootwithout first 'unlocking' the car.Anyone know if there's an easy fix perhaps?
Zeke zeke Member 792 Member For: 23y 3m 12d Location: Adelaide Posted 01/11/03 06:23 AM Posted 01/11/03 06:23 AM HocusThat's what I thought I said. Wife's car has standard immobiliser - mine has $600.00 Ford dealer-fitted alarm upgrade.But I think it's meant to chirp twice on arm and once on disarm, except Ford apparently haven't sorted out the software yet.I figure better alarms are available elsewhere for that price, but the installer I usually use was a bit hesitant about the BA computer interface and I thought the Ford one might be less hassle in the long run. I'm allergic to hassle!Regardszeke
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 8m 24d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 01/11/03 09:24 AM Posted 01/11/03 09:24 AM I have the Ford alarm too. It doesn't have any shock/movement sensors. Mine beeps 3 times if you open the boot like Zeke said. If I unlock the boot, but take a while to actually open it, the alarm will go off.And here's the part that I find most annoying about it. I'd actually like a few other people with Ford alarms to try it and tell me if their cars do it too, or if it's just mine. If I am in the car with the engine off and lock the doors with the button on the driver's door, after about 30 seconds the alarm will arm itself. If I have the engine running and use this button to lock the doors, the alarm will arm about 30 seconds after turning off the engine. This only happens if I don't unlock the door within this 30 seconds. The annoying part is if you lock the doors with this button while driving. You get to your destination, switch off the engine and take a moment to gather some things from inside the car, talk on the phone or whatever. Then you open the door and the alarm goes off. Can be quite embarrassing.I hope all that made sense. Has anyone else noticed this?Is that the $600 option alarm? Cuz that's the one I ordered Yes it is.
Zeke zeke Member 792 Member For: 23y 3m 12d Location: Adelaide Posted 01/11/03 09:32 AM Posted 01/11/03 09:32 AM Actually I can see how the "Ford-fitted alarm" bit in my previous post could be confusing - sorry for not being clearer.
Guest HocuSChrisT Guests Posted 01/11/03 09:59 AM Posted 01/11/03 09:59 AM hey hey, no worries :D my fault, I was just confused cause I was told that mine had shock sensory and read here that some people's ford fitted ones dont All sorted now :lol:
FORDTECH Member 383 Member For: 23y 4m 3d Location: On the edge Posted 03/11/03 10:32 AM Posted 03/11/03 10:32 AM A little bit of interesting info I stumbled onto today guys,The alarm fitted to the GT's doesnt imobilize the engine.It merely sqeels it's arse off if somebody brakes into it.The immobilization is done by the original PAT (Passive Anti Theft) system.
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 8m 24d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 04/11/03 12:22 PM Posted 04/11/03 12:22 PM And here's the part that I find most annoying about it. I'd actually like a few other people with Ford alarms to try it and tell me if their cars do it too, or if it's just mine. If I am in the car with the engine off and lock the doors with the button on the driver's door, after about 30 seconds the alarm will arm itself. If I have the engine running and use this button to lock the doors, the alarm will arm about 30 seconds after turning off the engine. This only happens if I don't unlock the door within this 30 seconds. The annoying part is if you lock the doors with this button while driving. You get to your destination, switch off the engine and take a moment to gather some things from inside the car, talk on the phone or whatever. Then you open the door and the alarm goes off. Can be quite embarrassing.I hope all that made sense. Has anyone else noticed this? Anyone tried this for me yet?
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 04/11/03 10:32 PM Posted 04/11/03 10:32 PM And here's the part that I find most annoying about it. I'd actually like a few other people with Ford alarms to try it and tell me if their cars do it too, or if it's just mine. If I am in the car with the engine off and lock the doors with the button on the driver's door, after about 30 seconds the alarm will arm itself. If I have the engine running and use this button to lock the doors, the alarm will arm about 30 seconds after turning off the engine. This only happens if I don't unlock the door within this 30 seconds. The annoying part is if you lock the doors with this button while driving. You get to your destination, switch off the engine and take a moment to gather some things from inside the car, talk on the phone or whatever. Then you open the door and the alarm goes off. Can be quite embarrassing.I hope all that made sense. Has anyone else noticed this?Anyone tried this for me yet? Yep, happened to me once ... inadvertently locked the driver's door while driving ... got to destination, filled in some paper work, opened door and shat myself! :lol:
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 6d Posted 04/11/03 11:39 PM Posted 04/11/03 11:39 PM Yep, happened to me once ... inadvertently locked the driver's door while driving ... got to destination, filled in some paper work, opened door and shat myself! :lol: OH NO!Not on the leather!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now