rule1110 Member 71 Member For: 18y 4m 27d Posted 08/11/10 01:48 AM Posted 08/11/10 01:48 AM Hi allI was wondering if anyone has a good idea or fix for preventing the carbon build up in the throttle body. I have a ba xr6t and every 7500km I clean out the throttle body because it gets a build up of carbon which can sometimes affect the idling of the car. Is there a product I can use or do I just keep cleaning it out. Anyone know where it comes from?
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 2d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 08/11/10 07:59 PM Posted 08/11/10 07:59 PM subaru upper engine cleaner aerosol spray
hawlass Legacy Donating Member 1,161 Member For: 18y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: left right out Posted 09/11/10 07:06 AM Posted 09/11/10 07:06 AM Carbon or oil? Oil catch can will help .
rule1110 Member 71 Member For: 18y 4m 27d Posted 09/11/10 07:15 AM Author Posted 09/11/10 07:15 AM Carbon or oil? Oil catch can will help .Its a really black powdery stuff. I just use a rag with my fingers or a screwdriver to wipe it out. I'm assuming its carbon but could be wrong...?
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 09/11/10 06:44 PM Posted 09/11/10 06:44 PM most likely oil coming into the pipework either from the turbo itself or the rocker cover breather which returns back into the intake piping.a catch can will reduce this in theory
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now