jetmani Member 28 Member For: 17y 6d Posted 04/11/10 06:17 AM Posted 04/11/10 06:17 AM HI, GUYS help needed with my 2008 xr6t, I was cruising on a 110kmh , when the car all of a sudden went into limp mode, trans error appeared on the dash, I pulled over turned the engine off then on again and now its fine, any suggestions?
HIRO F6 Member 1,817 Member For: 17y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 04/11/10 07:09 AM Posted 04/11/10 07:09 AM I think it'd be safe to say your car has been tuned previously?Mine does the same thing, im still trying to establish 100% what has caused the issue. I believe it may be linked to the removal of the "blip" between gears.
jetmani Member 28 Member For: 17y 6d Posted 04/11/10 07:56 AM Author Posted 04/11/10 07:56 AM car is stock std no special tune, I have just been told from an ex Ford technician that the problem could be caused by an electrical signal, mobile ph etc.
Vevapower Waiting for the 1st N/A 12! Legacy Donating Member 2,533 Member For: 18y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 04/11/10 09:15 AM Posted 04/11/10 09:15 AM So did it drop back to 3rd gear and the D started flashing on the dash?
jetmani Member 28 Member For: 17y 6d Posted 04/11/10 11:13 AM Author Posted 04/11/10 11:13 AM (edited) it did drop back to 3rd with a transmission fault flashing on the dash.. Edited 04/11/10 10:46 PM by RHR No need to quote above post. USE FAST REPLY
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now