KLR250 Member 60 Member For: 16y 5m 13d Posted 21/10/10 07:29 AM Posted 21/10/10 07:29 AM So... I am ready to start modding my bf xr6t,im going to be running an external wastegate with a 7psi spring. My question is...on my el xr6 turbo I was going to, but never got around to, run a high/low boost switch,I had a turbosmart boost tee to the external gate and using an inline solenoid, bypass the tee,so when I want to run low boost the solenoid is open allowing bypass of the tee,and for high boost flick the switch,close the solenoid and the tee is used.can this be done with the xr6t management or is the tune done using load,rpm AND boost?in other words,can I bypass the factory boost control with an external gate?
Banned1 Banned Banned 734 Member For: 16y 16d Gender: Male Location: Caloundra Posted 21/10/10 08:25 AM Posted 21/10/10 08:25 AM you could buy an electronic boost controller(apexi, hks) and have that control your boost. had one on my skyline . fairly easy to install . similar setup cars I would have thought..
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 21/10/10 08:32 AM Posted 21/10/10 08:32 AM People run eboosts so should work fine, not sure about the tuning side though.
KLR250 Member 60 Member For: 16y 5m 13d Posted 21/10/10 12:29 PM Author Posted 21/10/10 12:29 PM doing it this way would cost me free so I'm all for it. as for the tune, the way I see it if its tuned to say 14psi (the high boost) then its gonna be safe when its running the 7psi low boost
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now