cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 24d Posted 04/11/03 12:20 AM Posted 04/11/03 12:20 AM Are Herrods doing plain ones yet? That's when I'll order mine.
badabing Member 40 Member For: 22y 11m 24d Location: Sydney Posted 04/11/03 01:05 AM Posted 04/11/03 01:05 AM Me too.Maybe if enough of us want the blank we could we could persuade them to do a run for us and organise a group buy, may even save some $ depending on how many we order?
Zeke zeke Member 792 Member For: 23y 3m 15d Location: Adelaide Posted 04/11/03 04:41 AM Posted 04/11/03 04:41 AM I'd buy a plain one as soon as it became available.Nothing against Herrods (likely to invest in some of their bits and Mrs Z wants an exhaust for her XT) - just feels a bit "ricey" to have extra badges on the car.zeke
aaronmihe Upstanding Member Member 759 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Location: Canberra - ACT Posted 04/11/03 05:56 AM Posted 04/11/03 05:56 AM Yeah I'd be more interested in an un-branded blan on as well.. They fit nice and look good but I don't think having a Herrod name on a grill when I have zero other Herrod bits is right.A.
badabing Member 40 Member For: 22y 11m 24d Location: Sydney Posted 04/11/03 06:00 AM Posted 04/11/03 06:00 AM I've emailed Herrods, I'll let you know what they say. I think we'd easily get enough interest for an order of 10 - 20 units
sykes Member 408 Member For: 23y 1m 18d Location: Brisbane (Parkinson) Posted 04/11/03 06:06 AM Posted 04/11/03 06:06 AM I agree with aaronmihe, if it's not decked out with Herrod stuff, it just wouldn't be right. I think dynosteve is doing plain ones for about $150 from memory.
Guest Turbo-6 Guests Posted 04/11/03 08:38 AM Posted 04/11/03 08:38 AM You really can't notice the Herrod logo unless you're really close. From a distance it looks plain. Just buy one now!!
100% Premium Donating Member Legacy Donating Member 641 Member For: 22y 11m 16d Gender: Male Location: If it says ONLINE below, in front of the computer, if not, tearin' up some bitumen! Posted 04/11/03 09:50 AM Posted 04/11/03 09:50 AM I agree with aaronmihe, if it's not decked out with Herrod stuff, it just wouldn't be right. I think dynosteve is doing plain ones for about $150 from memory. Any idea where we can see a pic of the one Dynosteve is doing? :banghead: I'd rather a plain one too!
Guest falchoon58 Guests Posted 04/11/03 11:10 AM Posted 04/11/03 11:10 AM Just regarding fitment of the mesh, early built XR's have a one piece front splash shield/undertray. A real pain when you need to replace driving lamp globes. Latter cars have a removable panel. Just be prepared for a lot more stuffing around. :banghead:
sykes Member 408 Member For: 23y 1m 18d Location: Brisbane (Parkinson) Posted 05/11/03 06:54 AM Posted 05/11/03 06:54 AM Here is a picture of dynosteve's car you can see his insert. It doesn't seem to be exactly the same as the upper grill but it looks close enough for me. I think I will going up there as soon as I get a chance to get one. Also there is this guy form the Queensland XR club who is making ones with an XR logo in them but his mesh pattern is closer to the FPV type I think. They are lazer cut from stainless I think have a look here. Queensland XR Club
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now