Sign in to follow this  
Woggster

Immobiliser Problem! Help!

Hi guys,

There's a problem with my dads BA. He disconnected the battery and now the car seems to have "immobilised" itself. When he turns the key in the barrel/ignition no lights come on.

Any help would be great, thankyou :)

One thing to note is when you connect the battery properly it will click and your lights will flash on and off. For whatever reason, I have had the same issue where pulling out the battery and putting it back in, it doesn't always connect up properly even if everything is on tight. Pull the clamps off and put them on again until you hear that click / see the lights flash.

I dare say the battery hasn't been connected properly.

now the car seems to have "immobilised" itself.

Hey mate,

If the car has been immobilised, the dash would light up as usual. But, when you try starting the car, the red symbol of the hand would start flashing rapidly, indicating immobilisation. As suggested above, check that the battery has charge and that the connections are secure. If that fails, start checking the fuses in the engine bay.

Cheers,

Phooned

Also just for the sake of it connect the battery negative first then the Positive side.

Hi guy's I have a 2005 bf falcon ive recently changed the battery on the key les remote then I a day later I was starting my car trun the key had power but no crank can any one tell what's the problem cheers