TornadoJudd Legacy Donating Member 818 Member For: 20y 7m 21d Posted 14/09/10 04:33 AM Posted 14/09/10 04:33 AM Just wondering what people are paying for an auto service on their ZF transmissions? What oil and oil pan/filter are you using as well?
HIRO F6 Member 1,817 Member For: 17y 8m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 14/09/10 04:36 AM Posted 14/09/10 04:36 AM Hi Mate,I can provide the aftermarket steel pans and filter. This replaces the in one plastic pan and filter so for future services you can just replace the filter.PM me if you want pricing.
sly100 Member 290 Member For: 18y 6m 29d Gender: Male Location: Down South Posted 14/09/10 07:41 AM Posted 14/09/10 07:41 AM I paid 800 for the whole service including the steel pan conversion with filter gasket and new bolts. using the genuine ZF oil.
Bigkeels Throbbing Member Legacy Donating Member 594 Member For: 17y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 14/09/10 09:06 AM Posted 14/09/10 09:06 AM sly100 where abouts you get that done?
TornadoJudd Legacy Donating Member 818 Member For: 20y 7m 21d Posted 14/09/10 12:25 PM Author Posted 14/09/10 12:25 PM wow Sly I got told the genuine ZF oil was about $2000. About $300 for Transmax Z
sly100 Member 290 Member For: 18y 6m 29d Gender: Male Location: Down South Posted 14/09/10 09:07 PM Posted 14/09/10 09:07 PM (edited) sly100 where abouts you get that done?Unfortunately I'm having a few problems with the companies service so I'm not comfortable posting their name yet. Once I'm 100% happy with how everything goes then I'll say.its probably 2000 per 20L drum @ $90/per litre .. but you wont need 20La full refill is 9L and a service refill is 4.7L.if it was 2000 I would have pulled the trans out and put a powerglide in LOL! Edited 14/09/10 09:08 PM by sly100
Vevapower Waiting for the 1st N/A 12! Legacy Donating Member 2,533 Member For: 18y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/09/10 12:39 AM Posted 15/09/10 12:39 AM Wow I had mine done, steel pan new filter and 5 ltrs of ZF oil for $440.00! Seems some shops are making some good coin out of the Zf service!
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 20d Gender: Male Posted 15/09/10 01:26 AM Posted 15/09/10 01:26 AM Hey Veva, we have very similar rwkw so I was wondering how the tranny is behaving with genuine oil, I am thinking of switching to transmax z but curious on how you are finding the genuine oil at these power and torque levels. Also where did you get your tranny serviced?
Benji_vs Legacy Donating Member 403 Member For: 18y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: East Suburbs Melbourne Posted 15/09/10 01:32 AM Posted 15/09/10 01:32 AM I asked around a couple of places in the SE suburbs of Melbourne and they quote around $400-$500 Not sure if that included the pan and filter. Im yet to have it done.
Vevapower Waiting for the 1st N/A 12! Legacy Donating Member 2,533 Member For: 18y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/09/10 01:35 AM Posted 15/09/10 01:35 AM Hey Veva, we have very similar rwkw so I was wondering how the tranny is behaving with genuine oil, I am thinking of switching to transmax z but curious on how you are finding the genuine oil at these power and torque levels. Also where did you get your tranny serviced?Really haven't had a good chance to test it yet as I'm still needing my torque tags adjusted a little more as I'm getting throttle cut for about 1 sec between gears and this needs to be adjusted down to say 0.25!!! Once this is done I'll let you know how it fairs, but so far so good seems to perform just like always (prior to new power anyway).Also I had the service done at S & H Auto's at Mascot. I think he gave me a trade price but even still way cheaper than what I see other guys paying! Hey even Ford themselves will do it for around 700!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now