power_slide Hitting the apex Legacy Donating Member 596 Member For: 17y 11m 11d Gender: Male Location: Miranda Posted 12/09/10 11:40 PM Posted 12/09/10 11:40 PM Gday guysJust went to fit a trans cooler in the ute to find I have no room in the front with the stage 3 coolerI want to put the cooler back near the fuel tank, only problem is that the lines will be running a long way. is this possible or am I just causing myself problems?CheersMatt
ScatterBrain Legacy Donating Member 316 Member For: 17y 3m 28d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 13/09/10 03:44 AM Posted 13/09/10 03:44 AM The length shouldn't be a problem, but why not mount the cooler in behind the fog lights? I put mine in behind the right fog light.
power_slide Hitting the apex Legacy Donating Member 596 Member For: 17y 11m 11d Gender: Male Location: Miranda Posted 13/09/10 03:45 AM Author Posted 13/09/10 03:45 AM the one I puchased was too big and wont fit there
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 13/09/10 04:03 AM Posted 13/09/10 04:03 AM Beware of rocks and debris damaging the cooler in that position.Hose length shouldn't be and issue but a mesh screw/guard would be a must
ScatterBrain Legacy Donating Member 316 Member For: 17y 3m 28d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 13/09/10 05:59 AM Posted 13/09/10 05:59 AM The other thing is you might want to run hard lines or braided -10 lines to prevent damage to the hoses.
power_slide Hitting the apex Legacy Donating Member 596 Member For: 17y 11m 11d Gender: Male Location: Miranda Posted 13/09/10 08:21 AM Author Posted 13/09/10 08:21 AM Yea I'm pretty sure were going to run a half inch solid line but I'll keep you updated as it progresses
Rudiger All round good guy! Legacy Donating Member 1,122 Member For: 18y 4m 20d Gender: Male Location: Greenvale, Victoria Posted 13/09/10 12:27 PM Posted 13/09/10 12:27 PM Power Slide, which cooler did you get? I'm looking at fitting one as well. I have seen one fitted at the rear but didnt see what sort of shirling they used.Scatterbrain, what sort did you get and how did you run the lines from the tranny?
ScatterBrain Legacy Donating Member 316 Member For: 17y 3m 28d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 13/09/10 04:04 PM Posted 13/09/10 04:04 PM (edited) I used a 15 row oil cooler which can be found HERE. The lines supplied are the perfect length. To plumb up the cooler, just trim off the solid plastic lines from the plastic fittings that go into the box. Then use 2x -10 An To 5/8" Barb fittings (Found Here)to allow a hose to join from the box to braided lines. (Note I've added a tee piece as well to allow for a temp sender) Edited 13/09/10 04:06 PM by ScatterBrain
winter bft Member 56 Member For: 18y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: melbourne Posted 14/09/10 10:04 AM Posted 14/09/10 10:04 AM I thought aftermarket trans coolers weren't compatible with the zf because of some electronic bulls***? has something changed and I've missed out?
power_slide Hitting the apex Legacy Donating Member 596 Member For: 17y 11m 11d Gender: Male Location: Miranda Posted 14/09/10 10:09 AM Author Posted 14/09/10 10:09 AM Dominello supplied mine and he said it's ok
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now