southside Member Member 868 Member For: 17y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: Radelaide.. Real Posted 11/09/10 02:14 AM Posted 11/09/10 02:14 AM Hey all!well im looking at getting and new cooler, injectors and 100cell cat to run a mild tune in my lightly moded XR6T.I was looking at this intercooler HDI HYBRID GT2 INTERCOOLER KIT FORD FALCON BA/BF XR6 F6 - eBay Engine Modifications, Performance Parts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 28-Sep-10 02:22:03 AEST)Is this any good? what kind of performance would I get from something like this? Also I dont want to change my Valve springs just yet, so how much could I push with a tune without damaging them? any info will be appreciated! cheers!
xcopbf Banned 118 Member For: 16y 3m 24d Gender: Male Location: narre warren Posted 11/09/10 02:33 AM Posted 11/09/10 02:33 AM I think forum sponser hiro performance sells them so just ring them and find out plus your supporting a sponser anyway, and want I see price is just as good.
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 11/09/10 02:36 AM Posted 11/09/10 02:36 AM Valve spring float in my BA @ 290rwkw... But it's a guessing game... Probably 250 min... Maybe 300 max... But then your auto will struggle...
icer Banned 2,335 Member For: 17y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: Aspendale, Vic. Posted 11/09/10 02:36 AM Posted 11/09/10 02:36 AM sounds like you have the rest of the goods there for some good power! Couple people running ~350rwkw with supporting mods with the HDI cooler. I personally would check the classifieds on this forum and look for someone selling their cooler kit for half the price.you will probablly get 260-280rwkw without doing valve springs. Might have to do an internal walbro fuel pump too (tuner will supply and fit for bout 220$.If you did vsprings and the rest above + the walbro fuel pump you should be good for 320-340rwkw....but dont know about this 2.5" cat back of yours... seems...tiny...be suprised if it could do more then 300~. Hi flow cat and removal of middle muffler will help alot though.GL on your journey and keep us posted!
icer Banned 2,335 Member For: 17y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: Aspendale, Vic. Posted 11/09/10 02:37 AM Posted 11/09/10 02:37 AM lol worm... t56 is not an auto
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 11/09/10 02:39 AM Posted 11/09/10 02:39 AM As *Beep* said, valve float normally is around 260-280 rwkw but we have seen it as low as 235 and 1 BA that went 305 with standard springs. A good exhaust can help with valve spring issues
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 11/09/10 03:10 AM Posted 11/09/10 03:10 AM lol worm... t56 is not an auto You serious??? Oh... I thought it was an upgraded BTR!!! iPhone's dont show signatures through tapatalk, hence, as he didn't post it in his first post... I didn't know it was a T56...
icer Banned 2,335 Member For: 17y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: Aspendale, Vic. Posted 11/09/10 03:22 AM Posted 11/09/10 03:22 AM no worries gay iphones :D
southside Member Member 868 Member For: 17y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: Radelaide.. Real Posted 12/09/10 01:47 AM Author Posted 12/09/10 01:47 AM cheers for this boys! well im looking to do the intercooler, injectors, fuel pump and 100cell highflow cat very soon!I only want around 260-280rwkws depending on what my valve springs can handle until I get enough cash and go with new valve springs and bigger actuator to run 320rwkws. Just a quicky/nooby question. ill need a flash tuner wont I to run my tune done by my local tune shop? any info will be great! thanks :D
Impellor Member 835 Member For: 16y 2m 10d Gender: Not Telling Posted 12/09/10 02:17 AM Posted 12/09/10 02:17 AM Looks to be a tidy package, seam welds in photo top class, well priced also,and HDI have been doing these things for a while now, so one could assume that they may have a handle on making these units now, cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now