Mish Member 84 Member For: 17y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 31/08/10 12:21 AM Posted 31/08/10 12:21 AM hey guys, just a quick question. Is there (and if so what is it) a difference between the brakes on an XR6 and and XR6 Turbo? The ford website says that the Turbo gets "Performance brakes" but I thought they were pretty much the same.Appreciate your help!
HIRO F6 Member 1,817 Member For: 17y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 31/08/10 01:01 AM Posted 31/08/10 01:01 AM Are you talking about BA / BF or FG?In the FG's, the rotors are larger on the XR6T's. I believe the calipers are the same but I could be wrong.
Mish Member 84 Member For: 17y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 31/08/10 01:32 AM Author Posted 31/08/10 01:32 AM Sorry, my bad. I'm talking about the FG. If the rotors are bigger...does that in anyway affect servicing costs or anything like that? I imagine that the pads might get used a lil' bit more quickly but that's all I can really see.
smicky Go Pies!!! Legacy Donating Member 2,852 Member For: 18y 7m 12d Gender: Male Location: Vic Somewhere - Sometimes NSW Posted 03/09/10 02:55 PM Posted 03/09/10 02:55 PM According to DBA:Fronts....BA 02-05 XR6T (Standard) - 298 x 28BA 02-05 XR6T (Premium) - 325 x 32BF 05-07 XR6T (All) - 322 x 28FG 08- XR6T (All) - 322 x 28Phoon's and other FG, BF, BA's (ie G6ET etc) some are different....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now