Superoo Member 340 Member For: 23y 11m 8d Gender: Male Posted 22/01/03 01:34 AM Posted 22/01/03 01:34 AM I might be just going silly but I'm sure I read in some VY/BA comparisons that the VY had a speed alert function whilst the BA didn't. I was a little surprised by this but didn't think any further of it. Now that I've downloaded and read the manual, I find reference to it. It seems like it would be a little difficult to find without reading how it works so did the mags just miss it?Is it there?
Grant Member 453 Member For: 23y 10m 7d Location: Kurrajong, Sydney Posted 22/01/03 01:36 AM Posted 22/01/03 01:36 AM Yeah it's there. Hold down the Mode button on the left of your steering wheel, you'll hear a beep and an "S" with a circle around it will pop up. Use the volume control on the steering wheel to up or down it.
Mals BA XR6T Member 381 Member For: 23y 10m 6d Location: Sydney Posted 22/01/03 01:38 AM Posted 22/01/03 01:38 AM It's there... you have to hold the "mode" button down (which is behind the audio controls on the wheel) and it will show up on the right hand little LCD where the trip meter is. An "S" will display with a circle around the "S" and then the speed will show. You adjust the setting with the "+" and "-" with the audio volume buttons
Mals BA XR6T Member 381 Member For: 23y 10m 6d Location: Sydney Posted 22/01/03 01:39 AM Posted 22/01/03 01:39 AM Yeah it's there. Hold down the Mode button on the left of your steering wheel, you'll hear a beep and an "S" with a circle around it will pop up. Use the volume control on the steering wheel to up or down it. That reply wasn't there when I wrote mine.. :lol:
Grant Member 453 Member For: 23y 10m 7d Location: Kurrajong, Sydney Posted 22/01/03 01:39 AM Posted 22/01/03 01:39 AM It's there... you have to hold the "mode" button down (which is behind the audio controls on the wheel) and it will show up on the right hand little LCD where the trip meter is. An "S" will display with a circle around the "S" and then the speed will show. You adjust the setting with the "+" and "-" with the audio volume buttons MWAH HA HA. Beat you by *that* much!
Guest SA Tickford Guests Posted 22/01/03 02:03 AM Posted 22/01/03 02:03 AM The day before I picked up my car I went down to have a look at it to make sure everthing was fine and how I had ordered it. The next night when I got the phone call I went down there and they tried to show me all of this stuff, I was in a hurry cause I had to get my mags fitted so I said dont worry I will read it when I get home. They said that's fine but there are two things we have been told by ford to tell all new owners, one is that we have to set speed alert to 5 kms above the local city speed limit. The other was something about the central locking.Apparently the dealer had been told by Ford to set the speed alert becuase getting a speeding ticket the week after you pick up your car wouldnt create a good feeling for the owner.
Superoo Member 340 Member For: 23y 11m 8d Gender: Male Posted 22/01/03 02:08 AM Author Posted 22/01/03 02:08 AM Thanks guys - I'll need the speed alert in the beginning.......
edge Member 90 Member For: 23y 10m 4d Location: Brisbane Posted 22/01/03 02:49 AM Posted 22/01/03 02:49 AM Talking about speed... Is it just me or does anybody else think the speedo is incorrect? I will travel around the speed limit (as most people do) and have in other cars been at the same speed as others. Now I seem to be left behind. I know I feel like I am driving about 3kmph as the car is so stable with heaps of power, but I just feel like I am going slower than the rest.I would be interested in any comments (from those few law abiding people)..
physh Member 248 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Location: Canberra Posted 22/01/03 02:59 AM Posted 22/01/03 02:59 AM Judging my my separate GPS module attached to my laptop:On my 6T manual, 17" rims, cruising at 100 km/hr indicated by the speedometer with cruise control on while travelling a flat road, the actual road speed was 97.1 km/hr.At 110 indicated, exact speed was 106.8 km/hr, and at indicated 115, exact was 111.4 km/hrHTH
Grant Member 453 Member For: 23y 10m 7d Location: Kurrajong, Sydney Posted 22/01/03 04:18 AM Posted 22/01/03 04:18 AM I find myself using the cruise control to keep me on the speed limit.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now