Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 15d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Hi Guys,

I have recently had a baby so I might have to sell the ute in the future and buy a sedan. Problem is ute is too low to pass roadworthy.

The Ute has been lowered, by the previous owner. It is legal height with no one in the car but as soon as someone sits in the drivers seat it becomes too low. (Found this out last time when I went for a roadworthy).

Do I need to get a new leaf spring setup in the rear to raise it about an inch or is there something a suspension shop can do that will raise it? e.g add another leaf ?

Also will this look weird if I just raise the back will I have to do the front aswell?

Exhaust is the lowest part.

Anyone else had this issue or know a fix?

Cheers

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: left right out
Posted

Have the leafs been reset or are you just using lowering blocks? If its blocks simply take em out.Does your exhaust have to clear 100mm or just the structural parts of the vehicle?

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 15d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

I'm not sure exactly, whats the best way to tell?

Edited by RHR
No need to quote above post. USE FAST REPLY
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: left right out
Posted

Stick yr head under the rear-if you can get under there, or a mirror-pinch the misses little make up compact mirror.If you have lowering blocks you will see them between the axel tube and leaf springs where they meet. The springs are clamped to the axel tube directly, so if there is a metal block, about 50mm square? in between the two then you have blocks.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 15d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Thanks, I'll have a look tomorrow and If I can't tell the differnce I will take some photos and post.

  • A much better forum
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Get your exhaust lifted if that's what's causing the issue... Any exhaust shop should be able to do it!!!

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

step 1: Advertise "swap lowered suspension for stock"

step 2: wait for response

Step 3: Inform person wanting your lowered suspension for thier stock that they are required to pay for the swap.

Step 4: arrive at prearranged suspension shop at prearranged time

Step 5: have coffee will suspension is swapped

Step 6: Leave a happy man

:thumbsup:

  • Suspended
  • Member For: 18y 2m 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I got a standard set if you want to swap or something? I actualy need some lowered springs cos I just tried to put my bike in the back and it doesnt go up the ramp cos its to high in the arse because I have 60profile tires on my 17s....

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 15d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Where abouts are u located?

Edited by RHR
No need to quote above post. USE FAST REPLY

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...