F16 Member 78 Member For: 16y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 19/07/10 03:44 AM Posted 19/07/10 03:44 AM Hey guys, One of the pullys from the passenger side of the engine is squeeking during start up, making an annoying noise for a good 2-3 minutes. I'm not sure if it's one linked to the AC comppressor? Any ideas?
Skidude Member 115 Member For: 17y 1m Gender: Male Location: Penrith, NSW Posted 20/07/10 11:31 PM Posted 20/07/10 11:31 PM Are you sure its the pulley itself ?I have the same prob when cold. Disapperars once the engine is up to temp.I just put a bit of dry lube stick on the belt when I start up. Noise disappears immediately.
arm79 Legacy Donating Member 214 Member For: 17y 7m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/07/10 11:45 PM Posted 20/07/10 11:45 PM Could also be the upper idler pulley. Pretty common for them to get noisy as they age.
boost69 Legacy Donating Member 737 Member For: 21y 4m 19d Posted 21/07/10 12:12 AM Posted 21/07/10 12:12 AM Mines makes a bit of squeeshy sound for about 2 minutes on cold morning start ups also
F16 Member 78 Member For: 16y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/07/10 12:58 AM Author Posted 21/07/10 12:58 AM Are you sure its the pulley itself ?I have the same prob when cold. Disapperars once the engine is up to temp.I just put a bit of dry lube stick on the belt when I start up. Noise disappears immediately.Not sure, it might be the belt itself? What's the brand name of this dry lube stick, as I've been trying to find some. I take it would also help to spread on the window rubbers if they're struggling a bit?
Skidude Member 115 Member For: 17y 1m Gender: Male Location: Penrith, NSW Posted 21/07/10 09:21 AM Posted 21/07/10 09:21 AM (edited) Dri-Lube by Goss Products.Looks like a long off white candle, wrapped in paper.Costs around 5 bucks from any local parts store. Edited 21/07/10 09:22 AM by Skidude
F16 Member 78 Member For: 16y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 25/07/10 03:46 AM Author Posted 25/07/10 03:46 AM Drew some dri lube onto the belt on start up and the squeek's all gone now
Bigkeels Throbbing Member Legacy Donating Member 594 Member For: 17y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 26/07/10 08:50 AM Posted 26/07/10 08:50 AM Did you just put some dri lube on the underside of the belt, I have a squeak when cold too, goes once it warms up..
Skidude Member 115 Member For: 17y 1m Gender: Male Location: Penrith, NSW Posted 29/07/10 09:32 AM Posted 29/07/10 09:32 AM just hold it against the toothed side of the belt whilst the engine is running. 2-3 seconds and the squeek should be gone.Keep a firm hold of the dri lube and also where you're putting your fingers and shirt sleeve.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now