tuono Member 312 Member For: 15y 10m 21d Posted 17/11/10 04:56 AM Posted 17/11/10 04:56 AM The 19's look the part on the 50th anniversary series to me. Glad to hear the ride is still okI agree. Class.
tuono Member 312 Member For: 15y 10m 21d Posted 17/11/10 04:59 AM Posted 17/11/10 04:59 AM Above is as it is now, below was whilst I was sorting it out, I have changed the tyres and front rinse to a different offset to thebelow picVery nice.
satz Member 65 Member For: 20y 6m 21d Posted 17/11/10 08:51 PM Posted 17/11/10 08:51 PM thanks xr09 and othersbeginning to have second thoughts about getting 19inch wheels instead of 18s. Rang around for tyre costs and I didn't realise how much the Dunlop Maxxes were! upward of $480 ea! and the 19inch ones were $550 or something!!More than that, the increased road noise would worry me.Shame...as the 19inch wheels look great :(
juggernaut Member 71 Member For: 17y 3m 25d Posted 17/11/10 11:54 PM Posted 17/11/10 11:54 PM I don't find the road noise too bad at all with the factory 19's. Road noise is also impacted by tyre choice. I've been in some Commodores with 19's and the road noise is not unlike that of a semi slick tyre - bloody whiney.Not that I've tried the 18's (I have factory optioned 19's), but the difference btn the 18's and 19's is a slightly choppier ride from what I've read in motoring magazines.
draganvidic Inactive Members 1 Member For: 15y 11m 2d Posted 16/12/10 11:26 AM Posted 16/12/10 11:26 AM Hey guys,Just wondering if anyone has fitted 20 or 22 inch rims and with wot size tyres? Also wots the ride like?I have 19inch Osaka phantoms and not a big fan. Looking for an upgrade.CheersDragan
giantlobster Legacy Donating Member 95 Member For: 17y 11m 13d Posted 19/12/10 04:07 AM Posted 19/12/10 04:07 AM ride is pretty compliant and noise isn't a problem on my factory 19s. probably get more wind noise on freeway speed than anything else (on my fg xr6t). I'm assuming though that the g6et have more noise insulation compared to xr6t?
tigersx5 Inactive Members 1 Member For: 15y 9m Posted 04/01/11 01:14 AM Posted 04/01/11 01:14 AM Very nice.Nice looking unit you have.What polish do you use on it?Cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now