michaelhardy Member 104 Member For: 17y 3m 13d Posted 29/06/10 07:44 AM Posted 29/06/10 07:44 AM anyone had diff problems with their FG turbo? mine has started getting very noisey, goes to the dealer tomorrow.
tig Legacy Donating Member 735 Member For: 19y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: kenthurst, Sydney Posted 29/06/10 08:00 AM Posted 29/06/10 08:00 AM Mine had clunky diff which was a shocker, mainly at crawling speeds when in heavy traffic and just light taps on the throttle would be enough to make it clunk badly. Fixed under warranty and so far no more problems (now at 78K )
Gloo Member 403 Member For: 18y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Northern South Australia Posted 29/06/10 08:00 AM Posted 29/06/10 08:00 AM I have a new diff on order, was a pain in the arse to get my dealer to admit it was my diff. First it was run in noise, then it was tire noise, then it was just diff bushes "Not coverered by warrenty", any ways. Waiting for the call for them to say its in.
michaelhardy Member 104 Member For: 17y 3m 13d Posted 02/07/10 09:49 AM Author Posted 02/07/10 09:49 AM yep its the diff, has to go in to be checked then again to be replaced... on 69000kms... I guess that means that on 140000kms I will have to have it replaced, just like the BA. why cant they get it right?
Gloo Member 403 Member For: 18y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Northern South Australia Posted 02/07/10 11:55 PM Posted 02/07/10 11:55 PM My car has 6000 on the clock, I took it in a 1.5k and they said I had to wait till 15k. I lost my sh*t all over there customer service. I took it back at 5k to have oils done again and said I wanted it fixed no questions asked. They rang me and tried spinning me some more stories. In the end they ordered a new diff. Still havent got it yet... :(
Kv! Legacy Donating Member 1,132 Member For: 16y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 03/07/10 12:04 AM Posted 03/07/10 12:04 AM Theres a few threads about this on other forums as well.Major problem amongst a lot of FGsLuckily mines fine, except for when I forget to turn off traction control
Gloo Member 403 Member For: 18y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Northern South Australia Posted 03/07/10 12:14 AM Posted 03/07/10 12:14 AM Ah ok that's good, I was worried they were going to tell me that it was because I had no tread on my tires.
michaelhardy Member 104 Member For: 17y 3m 13d Posted 12/07/10 10:49 AM Author Posted 12/07/10 10:49 AM so how long will it take to get a new diff from ford, and should I keep driving the car in the mean time??
Gloo Member 403 Member For: 18y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Northern South Australia Posted 13/07/10 08:51 AM Posted 13/07/10 08:51 AM Still havent got my diff yet. I been driving it around from new with a whine. 8k on the clock now.
michaelhardy Member 104 Member For: 17y 3m 13d Posted 13/07/10 10:45 AM Author Posted 13/07/10 10:45 AM Ill be ringing them tomorrow, will keep u posted
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now