Rudiger All round good guy! Legacy Donating Member 1,122 Member For: 18y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: Greenvale, Victoria Posted 03/06/10 01:25 PM Posted 03/06/10 01:25 PM YCV8, great post and welcome to the realm of the blue.Firstly, I have copped sh1t on another forum for saying you cannot beat the sound of a V8. V10, V12, just something about them, they havent got the same note for mine. As said, the whine would give me the irrates after a while but I am sure when done, it will be a sight to behold.Now down to business.The pic of your car (nice bus by the way) with the transparent bonnet. HOW did you do that? I love it.Also, the one with the blurred out background. THAT is an awsome pic. How did you do that?On this forum there will always be the d*ckheads, but for the most part we are all lovers of a car that is just awsome and for mine, I appreciate a good car be it Holden, Ford, SEAT or Datsun. BUT I will not, cannot, and never will accept a bloody deisal Gemini on the road. There need to be put down whenver they raise their ugly head. They are not a car. They are Holdens joke on the world proving that people will buy ANYTHING!!!
icer Banned 2,335 Member For: 17y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Aspendale, Vic. Posted 03/06/10 01:43 PM Posted 03/06/10 01:43 PM its called PHOTOSHOP rudiger lol
Rudiger All round good guy! Legacy Donating Member 1,122 Member For: 18y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: Greenvale, Victoria Posted 03/06/10 01:46 PM Posted 03/06/10 01:46 PM I thought as much. But man, I HATE using that. I am tech savvy, but man, I click here, click there and I turn my XR T into a friggen Volkswagon. Stuffed if I can worl all that out.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 03/06/10 01:54 PM Posted 03/06/10 01:54 PM centrifugal SC are just pov and are a waste of money IMOlolyeah, my centrifugal blower was suuuuuch a waste of money....... only made 567 at the treads.
winstor Member 611 Member For: 17y 7m 7d Posted 03/06/10 02:36 PM Posted 03/06/10 02:36 PM Hey Ycv8, you got a nice looking car there. Shame they stopped making the Monaro.
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 13d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 03/06/10 07:55 PM Posted 03/06/10 07:55 PM lolyeah, my centrifugal blower was suuuuuch a waste of money....... only made 567 at the treads.its not about numbers.. you should know that by now. you can make power with anything these days. when comparing the drivability between centrifugal and twin screw id rather turbo instead of the centrifugal. its just my opinion, as long as you are happy with your set up.anyway here are some negatives for a roots typeNegative Points:1) Sometimes Violent Throttle Response How is this a negative?2) Lower boost ratings at higher RPMs3) Higher Than Normal Discharge Temperatures4) Lengthy installation timesabove from Superchargers Online
bluprinturbo Legacy Donating Member 605 Member For: 18y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 03/06/10 08:13 PM Posted 03/06/10 08:13 PM very nearly went down the charged 8 route myself. probably still will in the future. loving this rivalry, looking forward to the results.
Ycv8 Member 3 Member For: 16y 4m 3d Posted 03/06/10 08:55 PM Posted 03/06/10 08:55 PM (edited) Bloody hell it's an invasion ..invasion?.. I am a tourist Dave not the Taliban... a lover not a fighter... tourism is good for the economy!YCV8, great post and welcome to the realm of the blue.Firstly, I have copped sh1t on another forum for saying you cannot beat the sound of a V8. V10, V12, just something about them, they havent got the same note for mine. As said, the whine would give me the irrates after a while but I am sure when done, it will be a sight to behold.Now down to business.The pic of your car (nice bus by the way) with the transparent bonnet. HOW did you do that? I love it.Also, the one with the blurred out background. THAT is an awsome pic. How did you do that?On this forum there will always be the d*ckheads, but for the most part we are all lovers of a car that is just awsome and for mine, I appreciate a good car be it Holden, Ford, SEAT or Datsun. BUT I will not, cannot, and never will accept a bloody deisal Gemini on the road. There need to be put down whenver they raise their ugly head. They are not a car. They are Holdens joke on the world proving that people will buy ANYTHING!!!Yeah Photoshop is how. Any software with layers can do it. The blurred background is simply selecting/lasooing the car and inverting then blurring the background. The bonnet one you need a cmaera with tripod. Take a photo with the bonnet down then another with the bonnet up, careful not to move the camera at all. Then layer the bonnet down over the bonnet up one and erase the open bonnet with the selection tool. Once that is done, just drop the transparency of the top layer to a level that suits the affect you are after.Hey Ycv8, you got a nice looking car there. Shame they stopped making the Monaro.Thanks winstor. its not about numbers.. you should know that by now. you can make power with anything these days. when comparing the drivability between centrifugal and twin screw id rather turbo instead of the centrifugal. its just my opinion, as long as you are happy with your set up.anyway here are some negatives for a roots typeNegative Points:1) Sometimes Violent Throttle Response How is this a negative?2) Lower boost ratings at higher RPMs3) Higher Than Normal Discharge Temperatures4) Lengthy installation timesabove from Superchargers OnlineThought all this through too. Every application has its pros and cons. The Harrop HTV1900 might not be the be all and end all but it suited what I wanted. Violent and noisy, its a weekender now (the Monaro) so all good there! Edited 03/06/10 08:58 PM by Ycv8
davidg2152 Legacy Donating Member 98 Member For: 19y 10m 20d Posted 03/06/10 09:06 PM Author Posted 03/06/10 09:06 PM That first pic looks fantastic.When you have it would be good to do one of my car now, you know normal taxi, see through bonnet taxi
Rudiger All round good guy! Legacy Donating Member 1,122 Member For: 18y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: Greenvale, Victoria Posted 04/06/10 05:51 AM Posted 04/06/10 05:51 AM (edited) You mean like this?Maybe dont look as good but its my first effot.Gotta get one of dem bonnet shotz now. Edited 04/06/10 05:54 AM by Rudiger
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now