Arkayne Member 203 Member For: 17y 9m Gender: Male Posted 28/05/10 09:17 AM Author Posted 28/05/10 09:17 AM What do you mean by Continental Sports Tyres?And yeah, probably something like the second ones you mentioned (20-25k). I drive a lot, so I don't want to be having to change new tyres every 8000k's.The Dunlop ones that come from factory (Super Sport 18's) lasted me about 16,000k's before we moved the front ones to the back. I'd say they'll last another 5-6k's before I have to change the whole lot (the front ones are on like 30% thread, back are still around 60%).
Gee Member 131 Member For: 17y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/05/10 11:05 PM Posted 28/05/10 11:05 PM Since you live in NT and it's warmer than the southern states I would try a set of kuhmo KU36. They are cheap give very good grip in warm to hot conditions. I run a set on the back only, normally go to drags two to three times a set(do massive burnouts)and still get 10000km out of them.
Arkayne Member 203 Member For: 17y 9m Gender: Male Posted 29/05/10 04:02 AM Author Posted 29/05/10 04:02 AM (edited) Awesome Gee! Those sound like the ones I should go for. Do you recommend 275's or stick to 245's? 20s or 18s? Edited 29/05/10 04:08 AM by RHR No need to quote above post. USE FAST REPLY
Gee Member 131 Member For: 17y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/05/10 10:39 PM Posted 29/05/10 10:39 PM The 275 for sure but I would personally stick with 18's inch if you want good 0-100 times 20's do have enough side wall for me(18's cheaper too)
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 26d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 29/05/10 11:03 PM Posted 29/05/10 11:03 PM The KU's will be a great tyre for street use. You'll have to stick with 18's as they only have 2 available odd sizes in 19 and none in 20.Benny
Arkayne Member 203 Member For: 17y 9m Gender: Male Posted 30/05/10 07:28 AM Author Posted 30/05/10 07:28 AM The KU's will be a great tyre for street use. You'll have to stick with 18's as they only have 2 available odd sizes in 19 and none in 20.BennyAwesome. Will go for the KU's then. Also, will the stock 18 inch rims fit 275 tyres??
Gee Member 131 Member For: 17y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/05/10 07:50 AM Posted 30/05/10 07:50 AM Awesome. Will go for the KU's then. Also, will the stock 18 inch rims fit 275 tyres??No, 245 are the biggest you can fit on 8 inch wide rims with no insurance problems.
Arkayne Member 203 Member For: 17y 9m Gender: Male Posted 30/05/10 08:01 AM Author Posted 30/05/10 08:01 AM (edited) So then I'll need to buy new rims.. What size in width do I go for? 9 inch?Also, are these tyres the ones you're speaking of: LINK. Edited 30/05/10 08:01 AM by Arkayne
Arkayne Member 203 Member For: 17y 9m Gender: Male Posted 30/05/10 08:19 AM Author Posted 30/05/10 08:19 AM Can't edit my above post, so just adding another - I want to get a set of Dark Argent rims for my car (they're replicas), but the ones I can find are either 19x8's or 20x8's.. Are you sure 275's cant fit on 8inch wide rims?
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 30/05/10 08:54 AM Posted 30/05/10 08:54 AM 245's fit on 8" wide rims ey?I thought the limit was 235.Sweet.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now