shadyxr Legacy Donating Member 132 Member For: 22y 11m 28d Location: Sydney Posted 09/10/03 02:59 AM Posted 09/10/03 02:59 AM Sorry to start an old post again but I had my XR6T on friends hoist doing oil change at 10000k. We noted the diff has a sticker with the letters (LSD and a part number). I have Traction control also. The diff reacts as you would expect an LSD ie: Hold one drive wheel and try to turn the other etc. Quick call to local diff specialist who confirmed it should not have LSD with traction control, he asked if diff had been changed by us. Salesperson told me it did not come with LSD when I ordered it. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!. I have tried to get info from Dana Spicer site with no luck. Any ideas ?
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 09/10/03 03:43 AM Posted 09/10/03 03:43 AM As far as I know they have traction control and LSD standard on turbos, just try turing your traction controll off and it will spin both wheels ...well mine does ..I thought this was standard on all turbos.
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 20d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 09/10/03 03:52 AM Posted 09/10/03 03:52 AM LSD and TC is standard on XR6Ts. On n/a XR6 you get one or the other, but not both together.
Guest HocuSChrisT Guests Posted 09/10/03 03:52 AM Posted 09/10/03 03:52 AM The only XR not to have LSD is the XR6N/A, but it is an option. On Turbs, and 8's, the LSD is standard, as well as the traction control. If you want more clarification refer to the sales brochure, it says quite clearly.arghthankyou
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 09/10/03 07:13 AM Posted 09/10/03 07:13 AM Traction control is in no way connected, nor can effect how your diff operates. LSD or non LSD.
aaronmihe Upstanding Member Member 759 Member For: 23y 1m 3d Location: Canberra - ACT Posted 09/10/03 07:52 AM Posted 09/10/03 07:52 AM The specialist can't be that special can he....Or at least he knows little of the current state of auto technology...Basically he's part right - ABS derived Traction control systems that basically apply brake to the spinning wheel aren't really suited to LSD type applications - but they still work OK in that application up to a point. However it's very very easy for that single brake or pair of to completely fail to do anythign worthwhile considering the engiens torque and the torque the brake can stop.The traction control in a BA (and Commode) works by retarding engine output - int he case of the BA the Traction control reduces the throttle opening on the drive-by-wire throttle body. In the Commode I belive some mechanical widget shoves the pedal up against your foot.Both simply replicate lifting off throttle and have zero effect on the driveline ... That's why peopel with BAs think they're always bogging or miss-firing when trying to power out of a corner....Aaron.
Guest HocuSChrisT Guests Posted 09/10/03 12:42 PM Posted 09/10/03 12:42 PM Just to clarify my earlier statement, when I said Traction Control, it was in no way intended to be categorized with the conversation about the diff. It was merely put in there because I was reading off the sales brochure at the time. I know that it is the "retarding of the engine".
Guest Galaxieman Guests Posted 12/10/03 10:52 AM Posted 12/10/03 10:52 AM Ok all you traction control experts, who can help me? I have a xr6t ute. I have LSD but I dont have a traction control button on the dash. For that matter traction control does not even get a mention in the owners manual. Do I have traction control or not? I have great difficulty spinning the wheels (it is an auto) and it seems to have sh## loads for grunt a speed than it does taking off from a standstill. If, infact, I do have traction control, can I turn it off? I would appreciate anyones help in this area.
badabing Member 40 Member For: 22y 11m 25d Location: Sydney Posted 12/10/03 12:01 PM Posted 12/10/03 12:01 PM Galaxieman they may have left off the button that disables TC on your car too. It happened to me see this thread.
Guest BarraTurbo6 Guests Posted 12/10/03 02:55 PM Posted 12/10/03 02:55 PM Ok all you traction control experts, who can help me? I have a xr6t ute. I have LSD but I dont have a traction control button on the dash. For that matter traction control does not even get a mention in the owners manual. Do I have traction control or not? I have great difficulty spinning the wheels (it is an auto) and it seems to have sh## loads for grunt a speed than it does taking off from a standstill. If, infact, I do have traction control, can I turn it off? I would appreciate anyones help in this area. Xr6T Ute does'nt come with traction control. Only LSD.They didnt leave the button out, its not meant to be there.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now