Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 21d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Hello Guys,

Would appreciate your expert advice on this one:

My F6 UTE has a Nizpro Stage 2, making about 370 at the wheels. Oct 2006 model, bought her brandnew, and only 10,000 on the clock - yeah yeah, I know - I should drive her more often.

Well the situation is so - I have been driving a little yesterday, and parked the UTE. Battery all good, and started her this morning for a quick trip to Gippsland. Well she started, and idled about 5 seconds, and just cut out - went slightly rough on the idel for approximatel 1/2 second before shutting down.

I thought "WTF" and switched of the ignition - and tried again - she will just turn over like either

1) No fuel at all

2) No igition spark at all

Tried again a few minutes later, and same story - started, idled for 3-4- seconds, and cut out.

I checked all fuses and relays, all good.

I'm supposed to have a Walbro pump, guess that's what Simon Gishus installs in the S2+ kits....and I am sure I have heard the pump at least prime in the past - now it's quiet....

Mmmm...your thoughts on this appreciated.

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

You should easily be able to hear the pump in a ute.

Take the fuel hose off at the injector rail and stick the end in an empty coke bottle or something. Then get someone to turn the key on to where the pump would normally prime. If no fuel comes out then either the pump isn't working or the pump is working and the hose has come off or split. It's a possibility with Walbro installs.

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted

Re flash it

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 21d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

@ Revheadrobbo: You reckon something on the flash-rom gone bad? This something that you've seen before? Or fairly common with flashed cars?

@ The other blokes: Thanx, will check fuel-=pressure - was going to do that this weekend though, as working pretty late this week with Manager from Finland visiting.

Will keep you blokes posted.

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted

cant hurt. At least you can rule it out

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 21d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Mmm...reflashed to P1 with the CAPA Flasher, but the same. The pump is not priming though, and where it would still start this morning after leaving it for a few minutes, now it's dead as....

So, I'm pretty surre fuel-pump is dead - where can I find a good deal on a pump, or you guys reckon it's best Simon fiux it up again? Is it a tough job to change pumps on these UTES? Can I get to it from the bottom, or does the tank need to come out? Of course I will first test the pump stator windings to see if it's open-circuit or short.....

Ta for your input.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 21d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Hello Again,

Just a commendation to Simon and the Boys at Nizpro - all sorted.

At the end, Nick found a loose spade-lug inside the fuel-tank, and replaced both 0V and 12Vdc feeds to the pump - pump and hoses all good, so a big relief.

Currently, Simon is waiting a new Dyno, as with the 6 speed bpox, the UTE was getting a bit jumpy, and David and Simon will retune and see how close to 400rwkw we can get out of my Stage 2+ setup. Currently I have a very mild 320rwkw tune flashed, and will keep this in until we tune on the new Dyno.

She's pretty predictable with only 320 on the wheels, but actually, quite pleasant to drive.

I may keep this in the P1 slot on the flasher, and ask Dave to reserve P2 for around 350-360, and then P3 for as close to 400 the stock turbo will allow. I also need better gas, as we have a lot of timing pulled out, but we will get there I believe.

Thanx for all your input, Guys, much obliged.

Have a good one, and take care.

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Must have been where the Walbro wiring was joined to the stock wiring when the install was done.

Good to see it's all sorted.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 21d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Yep, that's it, Adam ;)

But, glad it's sorted, although a bit low on power.

Will ask the Guys to tune it up a bit once the new Dyno is in place.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...