MICKAJ Member 245 Member For: 18y 7m 2d Posted 19/02/10 02:21 AM Posted 19/02/10 02:21 AM Mount looks hard to get to, from a half chat with a guy at Ford he reckons you can get this mount out by taking off a sheild or two and doing a lot of very small turns with a spanner which sounds like it will be too fiddly.Anyone know what the best way to change this mount is?Cheers
RSK Member 340 Member For: 19y 15d Gender: Male Posted 19/02/10 06:22 AM Posted 19/02/10 06:22 AM Do you mean the drivers side engine mount? If so, that one is an absolute BIATCH to change!
_Spin_ Legacy Donating Member 695 Member For: 18y 7m 23d Posted 19/02/10 07:47 AM Posted 19/02/10 07:47 AM I`d let a shop do it, unless I had a hoist or a pit. My local dealer did my left side mount under warranty and it didn`t hurt me a bit.With wheel ramps or chassis stands, I`d only do it at gun point.
MICKAJ Member 245 Member For: 18y 7m 2d Posted 19/02/10 09:38 AM Author Posted 19/02/10 09:38 AM Yeah drivers side. Passenger side looks reasonably straight forward. Drivers side isn't even visible lol. Can it be done without taking off cross memebers or anything?
mattyb Legacy Donating Member 1,097 Member For: 18y 3m 14d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast, QLD Posted 19/02/10 10:12 AM Posted 19/02/10 10:12 AM PMSL the above comments are pretty true... I have my motor out at the moment, and the rhs one needs replacing. I was going to let it go, but I really don' think you could get it out with the turbo on. Pay someone else to do it.
nzturbo Member 26 Member For: 16y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: NZ Posted 23/02/10 07:32 AM Posted 23/02/10 07:32 AM Just had mine done under warranty, took ford 5 1/2 hrs.think they were pissed as they hadn't allowed that long. Old mount was baked !!!!!!!!cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now