Velvet Glove

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 27d

One thing to keep in mind if you are going to buy a cheapish pressure washer is the pump. A lot of the cheaper ones use a plastic pump! If l was going to purchase one of these l would check on the model and ensure you get a metal bodied pump.

• Upstanding Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 24d

I have a Karcher, about 2 or 3 models up from the bottom of the range for home use.... Not sure if it's metal or plastic pump, but generally I'd recommend it, Karcher is a good brand and pressure washers is what they do, like Gerni ...

My advice is to get one that has decent length of pressure hose so you don't need to move the unit 4 times to do the car ;)

• Itty Bitty Kitty Kar
  • Member For: 20y 7m 13d

And you can even use a smaller bucket thingymajig (technical term) to add the soap to a smaller water amount to get soap on the car. Then apply elbow grease and sponge before rinsing.

Does a fantastic job!!!

Can also be used on a bathroom when you are moving out of a leased property and doing your final clean. Just be careful not to remove the grout in the tiles, LOL!!!

And great for cleaning the garage too!

And the eaves!

And windows on upper levels!

When there are no water restrictions of course!!!

Cheers :)

• Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member For: 20y 9m 29d

astina_bounce.gif

:nod:

Is it just me, or does this signature image make it incredibly hard ... to read the posts. :nod:

It takes me forever to get through a thread that has posts from Miss Kitty. :thumbsup:

• ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 18d
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!

Wading in here........ (ohhhh I made a pun!!) :D

We here in WA have had water restrictions since 1872 and they still allow you to wash your car at home, albet preferably on a the lawn.

'No washing cars at home' :thumbsup: .....I cannot for the life of me understand where the naz!s who run your state get off on that one. Really, they must truly have hopeless sex lives and abusing their power is the only way they are 'getting off'. Man how much water is a bucket or two going to waste, especially on the lawn. OK if you have'nt got a lawn then OK a commercial place will have to do, but to blanket ban washing cars is bloody draconian.

And that four eyed creep wants to get into Federal politics.......sh!t God help us all.......

Rant End..........off to wash the hawk with my Maguires on my lawn with my hose........sneaky snigger......

• Upstanding Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 24d

It's a crock isn't it - especially as inthe ACT at leats you can water gardens - but washingt he car or topping up your fish pond with a hose is a no-no....

When/if I wash the car in the driveway most of the water runs off to the lawn/garne anyway thanks to the angles involved!

Off to Aquarious this morning then home to lay some wax over Bruce....

• I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 8d
'No washing cars at home' :thumbsup: .....I cannot for the life of me understand where the *beep* who run your state get off on that one.

Apart from the deranged sex lives theory (which would not surprise me), I think a reason might be that most commercial establishments of this sort have water recycling systems, so the water just around and around. Whereas at home, water is fresh out of the tap every wash. I bet you a billion dollars nobody has done the sums on whether this actually makes sense, in terms of the amount of water used/saved...

• Itty Bitty Kitty Kar
  • Member For: 20y 7m 13d

Yes, no washing cars at home, takes the fun away from the loving caressing of the long lengths of smooth exterior....

And of course the obligatory wetting of each other, the flying soap suds, the misplaces sponges......

*sigh*

I shall miss it all....

However, there is still the buffing!

I shall leave that to your imagination!

*wink*