Skidude Member 115 Member For: 17y 26d Gender: Male Location: Penrith, NSW Posted 14/02/10 07:29 AM Author Posted 14/02/10 07:29 AM Was there a barrel in store to bend you over as well ?
timbos99 Member 300 Member For: 17y 10m 29d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 22/02/10 11:05 AM Posted 22/02/10 11:05 AM Haha yeah but it was in use and looked like it wouldn't be free for awhile so I went onto ebay to get the bulbs... for those that don't want to do any pull apart here is the bulb ready to go just twist it inEbay link
ashturner Member 49 Member For: 18y 7m 23d Posted 24/02/10 09:58 AM Posted 24/02/10 09:58 AM I did this with my BA xr6 a few months ago. I was doing the door illumination LEDs and thought the yellow light didn't match. I ended up using a spare blue LED I had lying around. I can't entirely remember how I did it or if I used a resistor but it is definitely do-able with a regular 3mm led.
timbos99 Member 300 Member For: 17y 10m 29d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 27/02/10 12:54 AM Posted 27/02/10 12:54 AM you would've had to use a resistor... my first attempt using a 3mm LED that I had laying around resulted in about half a second of light followed by a 'snap' sound.
aussie1926 Legacy Donating Member 176 Member For: 16y 7m 11d Gender: Male Location: Muswellbrook NSW Posted 04/03/10 05:27 AM Posted 04/03/10 05:27 AM I did this the other day to my ute but I went down to smiths dick and brought a high intesity green LED and a 470 ohm resistor cause that's wat worked out to give the right current to the LED , then I removed the oringinal globe and soldered the LED and resistor to the circuit board put back together and works very nicely
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now