djextreme Member 112 Member For: 17y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 28/01/10 08:18 AM Posted 28/01/10 08:18 AM hey guysim starting to get annoyed, I my car clunks into 6th gear everytime, was at ford on wednesday, wth the ZF guys lookin at it they reckon the auto is fine, possibly the diff they reckon, but I find this hard to believe as it only does it into 6th gear not any other gears, does it everytime too, has anyone got any ideas, pls help
RSK Member 340 Member For: 19y 17d Gender: Male Posted 28/01/10 10:32 PM Posted 28/01/10 10:32 PM You should be able to hear whether the clunk's comming from the front or back of the car. If it's the rear it might be the diff bush.
dashturbo Legacy Donating Member 280 Member For: 18y 1m 23d Gender: Male Location: Watsonia Posted 28/01/10 11:56 PM Posted 28/01/10 11:56 PM could still be the diff area.. maybe... because I assume you only go into 6th when your at very light throttle applications?does it still do it when you manually select 6th? perhaps with the power on? is that even possible at the speed limit?Sounds like the auto to me though.
trevs Member 781 Member For: 19y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: balmain Posted 29/01/10 12:27 AM Posted 29/01/10 12:27 AM my sh*t box (bf xr6t zf auto ) has about 125,000 on her for a good 70000km of thoses has bangs and clunk's coming from the rear end its had two new diffs a couple of diff bushes and only fixes the problems for about 15000km or so unless its still under warranty I wouldnt even waste your time trying to fix it its pointless besides after a while you wont even care anymore cheers trev
axeman85 Member 31 Member For: 16y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 29/01/10 05:10 AM Posted 29/01/10 05:10 AM I have the same issue with mine. first I took it to ford and they got zf to have alook at the box. they reacon they downloaded the lastest software into it and all is good. NOT. So I took it back today and they are going to replace the diff in a couple of weeks so hopefully the clunking goes away. If not its going straight back.
djextreme Member 112 Member For: 17y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 29/01/10 07:26 AM Author Posted 29/01/10 07:26 AM yeah it does do it when you manually put it into 6th as well.I guess its kinda a good thing someone else is having the same problem, what dealer are u taking it too axeman85????mines been at knoxand the diff bush has been replaced under 10000k ago
tig Legacy Donating Member 735 Member For: 19y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: kenthurst, Sydney Posted 29/01/10 10:56 AM Posted 29/01/10 10:56 AM Had new diff, new tailshaft and still have clunk under light load. Noticable mostly in stop-start traffic when on and off throttle at low speeds. I just keep taking it back and maybe, just maybe one day ford will work out how to fix it.
trevs Member 781 Member For: 19y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: balmain Posted 29/01/10 11:40 AM Posted 29/01/10 11:40 AM ha ha dont hold your breath cheers trev
djextreme Member 112 Member For: 17y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 30/01/10 02:35 AM Author Posted 30/01/10 02:35 AM Had new diff, new tailshaft and still have clunk under light load. Noticable mostly in stop-start traffic when on and off throttle at low speeds. I just keep taking it back and maybe, just maybe one day ford will work out how to fix it.I also had this clink under load, only in stop start traffic, get them to check the engine mounts!!!!! mine was fixed by ford, apparently loose bolt in the middle of the engine mount, they couldnt see it until they pulled the mount out so yeah try that
KeepLeft Member 240 Member For: 17y 3m Gender: Male Posted 30/01/10 03:41 AM Posted 30/01/10 03:41 AM I have this problem also.. I'll be getting them to fix it at my next service. Thanks for all the ideas.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now