power_slide Hitting the apex Legacy Donating Member 596 Member For: 17y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Miranda Posted 19/01/10 07:28 AM Posted 19/01/10 07:28 AM Hey FellasJust found out I fried a hole in piston 1 and currently have the motor out what is the best value for money bottom end that I can put in and what is importanI was thinking conrods + forged pistons any help?
Guest XR09 Guests Posted 19/01/10 11:32 AM Posted 19/01/10 11:32 AM Cheat ha ha Look at what the big boys are doing and see what you can affordAtomic Performance Parts - Performance through innovation -trouble is stress will always find the weakest point. I was having the same dilema. Decided to build a race car and leave the daily's motor alone. phffft well for now.
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 19/01/10 01:23 PM Posted 19/01/10 01:23 PM If it were me, I'd seriously consider an Atomic 698kw motor for a daily driver duties. Great gear and very well priced. Call Brad and have a chat.
MRDOSE Member 1,195 Member For: 18y 8m 30d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/01/10 01:57 PM Posted 19/01/10 01:57 PM Cheat ha ha Look at what the big boys are doing and see what you can affordAtomic Performance Parts - Performance through innovation -f*ck me... need to start selling some cocaine and get me some of that!
Guest XR09 Guests Posted 20/01/10 02:49 AM Posted 20/01/10 02:49 AM I know, I have a bat ova that 998 motor every night.All I want for twismas is my 9 9 8
Sprjenkins Member 52 Member For: 18y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/01/10 06:43 AM Posted 20/01/10 06:43 AM (edited) Spool forged conrods and CP forged pistons are $2090 all up.I don't know how expensive Atomic gear is but I doubt if you'll get conrods and pistons for under that price. The Spool conrods by themselves are $780, I'm not sure how much the I beam ones are.They're running in some pretty big horsepower cars.Spool conrod specs: CONROD B/E S/E C/C WEIGHT ARP BOLT Ford XR6 Falcon 56.8706mm 22mm SF 153.92mm 652 3/8 Ford XR6 Falcon - I Beam 56.8706mm 22mm SF 153.92mm 550 3/8 Edited 20/01/10 06:46 AM by Sprjenkins
power_slide Hitting the apex Legacy Donating Member 596 Member For: 17y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Miranda Posted 20/01/10 07:02 AM Author Posted 20/01/10 07:02 AM Joel ill have a look into those onesI called atomic today and the phase 1 rebiuld kit with pistons, rods bearings oil and filters was about 3900 which I thought was abit steep
Sprjenkins Member 52 Member For: 18y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/01/10 07:36 AM Posted 20/01/10 07:36 AM that's a lot of money. I'm probably going to go with the Spool gear when I get around to it.
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 20/01/10 08:03 AM Posted 20/01/10 08:03 AM Spool forged conrods and CP forged pistons are $2090 all up.I don't know how expensive Atomic gear is but I doubt if you'll get conrods and pistons for under that price. The Spool conrods by themselves are $780, I'm not sure how much the I beam ones are.They're running in some pretty big horsepower cars.Spool conrod specs: CONROD B/E S/E C/C WEIGHT ARP BOLT Ford XR6 Falcon 56.8706mm 22mm SF 153.92mm 652 3/8 Ford XR6 Falcon - I Beam 56.8706mm 22mm SF 153.92mm 550 3/8I can do Mahle Powerpak pistons and Argo conrods delivered for not much more than that. I got a few extra sets to get a discount on mine for my ensuing build PM for details!
power_slide Hitting the apex Legacy Donating Member 596 Member For: 17y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Miranda Posted 20/01/10 08:11 AM Author Posted 20/01/10 08:11 AM Steph I should know about the pistons and rods tomorrowI didnt get time to chase up the shop today till after 4 and didnt hear back yet
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now