Top Traffic Cop Kept Speeding Fine Secret

trevs

• Member For: 17y 7d

here is the link stirthepot.gif

lets see how long this lasts befor somebody tries to make up some reason why its not his fault and I have a problem with police (which I dont )

what makes me laugh is the fine is ten over so what was he really doing 85kph an 70kph zone

Top traffic cop kept speeding fine secret

cheers trev

Edited by trevs

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y 7d

yep sure did my point is somebody who is the face of the dont speed do the right thing on vic roads just like everbody can make a mistake and once in while get a speeding fine ill be honest I feel sorry for him its bad luck half the time

and if you spend enough time on the road driving its going to happen and it wont matter how carefull you are or how many adds on tv and other crap is posted in the paper

but knowing all this why didnt he just come out and admit to this straight away he would have known the media were going to make a big issue over this ?

cheers trev

Edited by trevs

• Member For: 15y 4m 25d

I'm impressed that it's hit the news. It's so easy for the cops to bury this sort of stuff - and that does happen. As for keeping it quiet over Xmas - I think this was a smart thing to do. The fact that it's now out means the Vic police are serious about road safely - or someone let it out of the bag and so they have had to come clean! Let's see.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 2d

Lol, funny stuff.

I've worked with him a couple of times on the TAC ads, I might bring it up next time I see him, see if I get a rise.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 19d

I'm impressed that it's hit the news. It's so easy for the cops to bury this sort of stuff - and that does happen. As for keeping it quiet over Xmas - I think this was a smart thing to do. The fact that it's now out means the Vic police are serious about road safely - or someone let it out of the bag and so they have had to come clean! Let's see.

Police serious about road safety - that's a load of horse sh!te. They are a huge part of the problem and not the solution. By far the worst place in the world to drive these days and given how bad the rest of Australia is that's a pathetic indictment.

Let's see the inept media label this guy a sociopath and call for his head.

Sorry Evil, What's your problem with this? I don't understand your second sentence at all. Explain how they are part of the problem. You drive around a lot like me. Half the people of the road these days don't deserve a license, and when you see the reports of the F...g idiots out there getting caught doing 20-30-40-50-60-70-80+K's over the speed limit, so the coppers are the problem? The coppers don't make the laws, their job is to enforce the laws. Sometimes they do it good, sometimes they do it bad. You think these dangerous and drunk drivers don't deserve to be caught? So who's going to catch them?

The fact that it's in the news means something. It's SO easy for the cops to cover this stuff up yet it's not. Obviously you've had a bad experience. The rules are very simple. You don't break the law, you can't get caught. You and I know that we have all stretched the boundaries at times!

This guy got caught and he should be treated like you and me if we get caught doing a similar thing. The fact he's a high ranking copper just makes him look like a fool and questions his integrity. But it does proove he is human, as others have expressed in this thread.

• Enforcer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 19d

Surly the Traffic Camera Office could have buried things a bit better.

This matter should have been withdraw at the first instance.

This bloke has a job to do, he doesn't need the bad publicity, it looks like someone in TCO has dropped the ball and made sure it went through with malice.

The Blokes a copper, whats the use if you can't even get a few indiscretions torn up by your work mates.

Whats this country coming to.

Every job is the same. Every career is the same. You expect support from your peers occasionally. The difference with these guys is that they are under scrutiny by the public 24/7. We need to realise what these guys have to do. Would you want this job, honestly???

• Enforcer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 19d

Prolly best it's out in the open.

There was a stage where I thought it quite acceptable to drive 10-15 km over the speed limit, and I drove to the conditions; but I guess them days are gone.

I'm Gotting re-educated.