Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Gday all.

Before I sound like an idiot. I searched lots of different topics but couldnt find what I was after so I thought I would try here.

Im just curious if anyone has fitted the HDI cooler from Ebay and after the removal of the bonnet intake snorkel noticed a loss of power due to engine heat.

I dont want to make the engine bay look to different if I can avoid it.

Just chasing anyone who has fitted the cooler and blocked off the bonnet intake hole or something similar. How did this effect your power gains after tune. Is it worth changing the intake etc etc when this cooler is fitted?

Any help is good help.

Cheers

Moultz.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, NSW
Posted

Have you got it tuned yet with the new cooler? I have left the cold air inlet pipe open but have the typhoon intake. My car overboosted before the tune so I didnt really get a chance to see if it felt like it had lost any power.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 2d
  • Location: adelaide
Posted

you will need a typhoon intake, then just leave the other open

  • 4 weeks later...
  • EVIL T
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Liverpool NSW
Posted

gut out the front of your air box and youll be fine...

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 5m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

If you have lost power you my have a leak.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dampier, WA
Posted

Yeah mate, I fitted one to my 03 BA. Good power gains and is apparently good for plenty more if I choose. I gained about 23 rear wheel kilowatts from the cooler alone, and was advised by the mechanic to gut out the from of my air box or just at a typhoon CAI (which is still on the to-do list lol). I live in >40 degree temps and the car doesnt seem to be affected by the air being drawn in through the original hole in the box at all. As has been said above, just add a FPV CAI or, the cheaper option, grab a hacksaw and cut out the front of the box behind the headlight.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 6m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Rowville
Posted

ive had a hdi coola on my ba mk11 ute now for awile and I rekon its off tha hook, pulls sick and sounds unreal afta I put it on,

ive just got a high flow cat installed and tha middle muffla chopped out and it sounds and goes unreal....

ive jus purchashed nizpro valve springs and 42" bosh injectors for it to, hangin to get it all installed and tuned..... very curiouse to see wat it will make!!

GOOD FUN :D

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

oh dat is fully hektik bro! Intercoolers r off da hook :dontknow::idunno:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...