Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • BOOSTN
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong
Posted

hey guys, this mite be a silly question but here goes anyway, I went in to Autobarn today and asked for a price on a K&N panel filter to suit ba turbo, the guy said don't use K&N use a BMC all the guys that work here use BMC they are a heaps better filter, what do you guys reckon? any diff really??? or has the guy just order too many BMC filters and tryn to get rid of them LOL??? thanks guys

  • 09JET
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 3m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: E. Maitland
Posted (edited)

Hahhahahahaha. "All the guys that work here". Hahahahahahahah. Don't get sucked in by the stupid idiots that populate an Autobarn staff list. In short, BMC and K and N are both excellent filters. BMC is usually always dearer but will not do any better job than K and N. For that reason alone, I would buy K and N. Huhuhuhuhh.... Autobarn.....

Edited by Rhino1980
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 29d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Firstly, I dont work for Autobarn, but there certainly is nothing wrong with that shop at all. My old local actually had a quite a number of tough cars owned by people that worked there and I always found them a great source of info. Take the guys advice but dont restrict your research to that alone. I gained 10rwkw through changing to a K&N but have had no experience with the other brand.

Good Luck.

  • 09JET
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 3m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: E. Maitland
Posted

LOL fair enough, but you must have found a hen's tooth. Almost every Autobarn I have been into I have found to be useless. The prized display cabinet is the only part of the shop with anything good in it and its generally aimed at kids in bog stock Lancer's with Milo tins and purple neons. All the decent gear is way over priced and ask them about anything that's not a bolt on for a jap car and they have no f*ckin idea. Then there's the indignity of having to park your nice car amongst all the Commodores with supercar wings or NA skylines with DRIFT stickers in the car park. Wankerbarn.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 29d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

When did an FG turbo become a nice car? lol I love my car and think its the duck nuts dont worry about that, but living on Lygon St I assure you the locals look at my car the same way you look at Bommodores and Skylines with drift stickers... Maybe the bloke next door in the in the 575 Superamerica goes to Autobarn.

This isnt boast by any means and I totally agree that Autobarn have taken the business in the wrong direction with their "rice" concept but if you know what youre looking for it can be pretty convenient for the odds and ends when building a car.

  • ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 16d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

its just an air filter, I'm sure they both do a good job.

I bought a BMC because I'd put K&N into every other car I'd owned and thought it was time for a change.

  • 09JET
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 3m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: E. Maitland
Posted (edited)

An FG T is a nice car IMO and looks fuggen awesome near VN Commonwhores and R31's with different coloured doors with the afforementioned wings. VN Commodores can look awesome when done nicely, I don't mean that my sh*t doesn't stink cause I own a more expensive car than a VN. What I refer to is what these tossers do to them. Autobarn provides the means for these idiots to deface their cars.

Lygon Street sycophants, Ferraris, Armani Suits do nothing for me, I'm a born and bred Aussie. I don't care what the "upper class" thinks, especially seeing half of them got where they are by doing the wrong thing. And I doubt the bloke with the Ferrari goes to Autobarn for Ferrari parts lol. If I was mega rich, I still wouldn't buy a Ferrari or walk around dripping in gold. In fact you wouldn't even know I was rich.

At least we are in agreeance, Autobarn definately has taken a wrong turn towards the bling end of the spectrum. I gave them a part number for a K and N for FG and they still couldn't get their sh*t together. I then spent ten minutes trying to tell this bloke that a K and N for FG does exist. He couldn't get it through his thick head that his K and N catalogue was out of date and he should just look on the computer at the K and N site... I just said "Don't worry about it mate." I suppose they are handy though if I need a hose clamp.

Edited by Rhino1980
  • Mad Scientist
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

I found that the BMC has a thicker rubber outer compared to the K & N and is a little harder to do up the clips on the airbox on a BA/BF... :beerchug:

  • BOOSTN
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong
Posted

thanks for all your help guys I ened up buying the BMC filter coz I hav used K&N in all my other cars, thort I would give em a try, gives it a nice wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooosssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhh lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...