dannyXR6T Member 13 Member For: 16y 10m 8d Posted 06/12/09 01:29 AM Posted 06/12/09 01:29 AM Hey all03 BA XR6T 5 speed.wondering if anyone can help...noticably when im drinving, can be any gear, if I back off the throttle and push back on it, I get a noise from around the diff area. its a clunking noise and iv only noticed when I back off and give it again.any ideas of what it is and if its a prob, how its fixed.thanks
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 8d Gender: Male Posted 06/12/09 07:21 AM Posted 06/12/09 07:21 AM Standard.. mine does it also
John_K Legacy Donating Member 438 Member For: 17y 10m Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/12/09 10:15 AM Posted 06/12/09 10:15 AM Diff bush needs replacing
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/12/09 10:24 AM Posted 06/12/09 10:24 AM I've got nolathane bushes and it still does it
baf6 Member 139 Member For: 17y 5m 18d Posted 07/12/09 12:02 AM Posted 07/12/09 12:02 AM hey wandering if anyone knows what happens when this gets bad, mine has stopped clunking but now when I back off the whole car jerks (like it would if you were rolling slow in first) but this does it in any gear even when braking would this be from the diff bush?
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/12/09 12:07 AM Posted 07/12/09 12:07 AM Could be that or the tail shaft or the tail shaft centre diff bearing or the bearing mount or a couple of other things. Best thing to do is to take it to a good suspension/brakes/driveline shop and let them figure it out. They most likely won't charge you until they give you their findings and you give them permission to fix it so finding out what it is would be free! Either that or ask Ford to check it when you get it serviced.
Russ F6 Member 641 Member For: 21y 3m 23d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle NSW Posted 07/12/09 02:44 AM Posted 07/12/09 02:44 AM Just Ford quality parts, my F6 went through 3 diffs in 8000 kms, all covered by warranty, by the third one I just gave up and learned to live with it.Russ
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now