Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 15d
Posted

Hey guys I just bought myself a BA Fairmont Ghia. I am looking to fit a Bluetooth kit to it ( I still can't believe this isn't standard)

I was wondering if there is a kit you can buy to run it completely throught the radio similar to the set up in the FG mkII and just wrie up a mic? is there anything out their like that?

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

There is a Ford BT kit for the BA/F, that has a single button and runs through the car audio.

I would not touch it as from memory it is about $500.

Get yourself a Parrot kit that can easily be wired up to the speakers the same as the Ford one for 1/2 the price and 10x the features.

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

I can't remember exactly how much I paid for my Ford kit but it was no where near $500.

Just do the install yourself. Saves you heaps and it's not hard. The kit comes with everything you need including instructions.

I went for the Ford kit because I wanted it seemlessly intergrated into the car.

How many cars that went on sale in 2002 at that price point have got BT standard?

You'd expect it now, but not 7 years ago.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 15d
Posted (edited)

Yeah I have found the ford kit on sale on ebay for $300. Do you access it still via the menu on the radio or is if different????

Admittedly not many cars came out with BT in 2004. But the fairmont Ghia isn't exactly the base modle and was meant to be competeing with alot of european cars which did have BT.

Edited by Adam
  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

The Ford kit puts a button just above the tissue box holder. It all fits in very neatly.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 15d
Posted

Oh ok, does it still ask for the pin on the radio to pair the devices?

Does any one know any where you can buy the Lumen Factory Bluetooth other then through ford or this guy on ebay? The one on ebay doesn't match the Fairmont Facia.

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

No. The pin is entered on the phone.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...