kinlay87 Member 8 Member For: 17y 3m 28d Posted 18/09/09 07:30 AM Posted 18/09/09 07:30 AM Hi guys,I own a 2005 BA TORNADO, I noticed that there is no Traction controlON/OFF button. I have asked the ford guys about Traction control and theysay its permanantly "ON". But I noticed that each time I give it a lil hit, I can feel thewheels spinning. Is that the natural?thanks kin
neo Member 376 Member For: 18y 6m 27d Gender: Male Location: The Ville Posted 18/09/09 09:03 AM Posted 18/09/09 09:03 AM im not shore about the FPV but in the BA XR6T the TC button if you have a normal ICC is left of the steering wheel above the fog light button. if its Duel Air its one of the 4 buttons infront of the gear stick. my friends NA XR6 has no TC and its always off.
linmup Member 42 Member For: 17y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: brunswick Posted 18/09/09 09:05 AM Posted 18/09/09 09:05 AM traction control doesnt to sh*t.ive got a ba 05 f6 and mine automatictly turns off by itself if I hit boost hard.although u should have a button to give u the option to turn it off or on I think
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/09/09 09:47 AM Posted 18/09/09 09:47 AM The BA's in the ute NEVER came with TC, but the sedans did. TC came out in the utes during the BF series.It is quite pathetic that the dealer did not know this common knowladge.
kinlay87 Member 8 Member For: 17y 3m 28d Posted 18/09/09 09:48 AM Author Posted 18/09/09 09:48 AM Yea I thought the TC would sit bellow the fog light switch but its just a plain button that u cantpress.Might just b the true hidden powers with these Falcons I guess...
kinlay87 Member 8 Member For: 17y 3m 28d Posted 18/09/09 09:53 AM Author Posted 18/09/09 09:53 AM The BA's in the ute NEVER came with TC, but the sedans did. TC came out in the utes during the BF series.It is quite pathetic that the dealer did not know this common knowladge.thanks :D would never have known that. Is there a way to get the button? or being able to turn TC on/off?I have been told FLash tune can turn TC on/off?thanks kin
neo Member 376 Member For: 18y 6m 27d Gender: Male Location: The Ville Posted 18/09/09 09:58 AM Posted 18/09/09 09:58 AM What ZAP is saying is its off all the time
Ironman Legacy Donating Member 38 Member For: 17y 10m 23d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/09/09 12:36 PM Posted 22/09/09 12:36 PM based on what ZAP says...I'm just flabbagasted that a dealer doesn't know this? On a related question, does anyone know whether owners manuals are/have been made available online eg in adobe format ? This would certainly go a long way to sorting these sorts of problems out.
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 22/09/09 12:40 PM Posted 22/09/09 12:40 PM My 05 BF T(sept)was the first utes with TC....ZAP is right(again)Pretty certain your Fraud guy is FOS(again)
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/09/09 10:08 PM Posted 22/09/09 10:08 PM BA utes only have three-channel ABS (both rear wheels on the same channel) hence the lack of traction control.On a related question, does anyone know whether owners manuals are/have been made available online eg in adobe format ? This would certainly go a long way to sorting these sorts of problems out.No, they used to be available on the myFord website but they stopped that back in the days of the BA. I do have a BA ute manual floating around somewhere in PDF but stuffs me where it is now.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now