Did I Just Get Bent Over By Ford Service?

Broaders77

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 9m 13d

Right - picked up the car this morning.

They told me on Friday they would put the premium brakes on "the same as I would get from Ultratune, just non-genuine Ford parts" and only charge me $590 instead of $980.

When I got home I've had a look at the rear discs and they're smooth. I've phoned them and queried whether the premium discs should be grooved and was told no, they're just a bigger diameter and have ventilation. My front discs have grooves.

Is this true or did they just lie to my face?

• Team Grandpa
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3d

Mrs got her CDXI Vectra V6(top of the range)brakes done this morning....when I Brisy we were told now that these have stopped production and they are practically European the services and the brakes will cost a fortune..60k service cost me $1650 which included the timing chain/belt...had both brakes pads done today by Heritage Expensive Daewoo at Maitland and it cost me $350 (after this thread was expecting 1k at least)for back and front...aparantely you cant get generic pads for these either??

My point is the cost for genuine Expensive Daewoo parts....you were flogged by Ford and salt was rubbed in.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 17d

They probably ordered the non grooved DBA's by mistake or couldn't be f*cked taking off the ford ones and replacing with DBA and left the genuine ones on.

• F6 Phoon ----- MISH!!
  • Member For: 17y 2m 12d

Definately stay away from ford,

went chasing a price for front Brembo 4pot pads - $931.31 that's just for the front two WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Brembo 355mm Front rotors - $1525 for the two

Total of $2456.31

WTF is fraud thinking, I could go an replace all my brembos for a full set of AP Racing brakes which would work as good if not better for the same money an have all 4 corners done not just front two.

PS SHOCK stay away from heritage Expensive Daewoo at maitland, they are dodgy as had nothing but dramas with that service department

Edited by AGENT ORANGE

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 19d

As a new FG XR6T owner....this has thread has taught me alot ....I'd love to know which services MUST be done by ford as I'm coming up for my first biggie @ 15,000.....

• I love gooold member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m

None - you don't HAVE to get your car done at Fraud. Provided your car is serviced by a Ford "authorised mechanic" or something like that, you will not void your warranty.