7heavn Member 6 Member For: 18y 3m 29d Posted 21/08/09 12:31 PM Posted 21/08/09 12:31 PM haven't had my BA xr6t for long it's a mk1 4spd Auto tuned by C&V only mods being intercooler , flash tuner , valve springs , actuater . Too me the car seems to be very very heavy on fuel I've been going easy on it to see how far I can go on a tank . According to the trip computer it's up around 17.4-17.6 L/100km's On this current tank of fuel I've only done 290km's and she's neally ready for another tank the trip comp indicated 40km's till empty . My question being does this seem very excessive or is that about what is expected ?. I don't do any highway it's all stop start short trips usually I know this doesn't help the situation but I expected to go further then on a tank then what I am .The car makes 309rwkw on C&V's dyno
NB4C Member 328 Member For: 17y 8m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 21/08/09 01:21 PM Posted 21/08/09 01:21 PM I have a BF N/A and I managed to average 17L/100km on E10 with slight thrashings when it was only used for 15 minute stop-start trips to work. On mixed (50% highway), it's settle down to 11.6L/100km. You get bad fuel economy during the first 15 minutes because the engine is still cold. Your figure comes as no surprise. Try doing a 100km freeway trip, your average will most likely read 9-10L/100km.
xr6turboman Legacy Donating Member 588 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand, Palmerston North Posted 21/08/09 10:08 PM Posted 21/08/09 10:08 PM don't complain... I'm happy when mine gets below 20L per 100km lol admitably I have lead in my foot lol
SLY6T Legacy Donating Member 585 Member For: 19y 2m 2d Gender: Male Location: vic , melb SE Posted 21/08/09 11:39 PM Posted 21/08/09 11:39 PM same lol mine has not be below 18 snice I got the car , I dont really do long drive but and its a man to....
phantom xr6t Talks Cheap, Let's Race Member 596 Member For: 19y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: Atherton, FNQ Posted 22/08/09 08:40 AM Posted 22/08/09 08:40 AM I have a stock 03 xr6 turbo with 4spd auto and I get around 12-14 ltr to 100km from it cruising. I can go from home to townsville, a nearly 400km trip with some overtaking along the way and only use half a tank.
fpr000 Member 107 Member For: 17y 5m 27d Posted 26/08/09 01:23 PM Posted 26/08/09 01:23 PM sh*t I thought 14litres per 100k was bad and im constantly on boost lol
seduced Need more power. Now taking donations. Member 753 Member For: 17y 7m 7d Gender: Male Posted 26/08/09 10:44 PM Posted 26/08/09 10:44 PM Its a performance engine. If you are concerned with how much fuel it uses, sell it and buy a Yaris. I get 10s on hwy and 18-20 around town...and frankly, I dont really give a damn. Its too much fun.
fpr000 Member 107 Member For: 17y 5m 27d Posted 27/08/09 08:51 AM Posted 27/08/09 08:51 AM Its a performance engine. If you are concerned with how much fuel it uses, sell it and buy a Yaris. I get 10s on hwy and 18-20 around town...and frankly, I dont really give a damn. Its too much fun.I actually have to agree....soon as 3000 rpm hits let er rip babey.lol
xr6turboman Legacy Donating Member 588 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand, Palmerston North Posted 28/08/09 02:10 AM Posted 28/08/09 02:10 AM I actually have to agree....soon as 3000 rpm hits let er rip babey.lolI used to have a 4 sp auto and I was getting about 11 to 12 Ltr per 100km but manual I can't help myself its like an addiction
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now