mat1511 Legacy Donating Member 18 Member For: 18y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: Cranbourne Victoria Posted 18/08/09 10:21 AM Posted 18/08/09 10:21 AM hey, a mate of mine has a problem with his bluetooth in his fg, he has been using it fine and then all of a sudden it stopped working, and the bluetooth icon wont come up at all anymore, anyone had this problem?
michaelhardy Member 104 Member For: 17y 3m 21d Posted 18/08/09 10:33 AM Posted 18/08/09 10:33 AM yep I have, only works on outgoing calls, and it does not show up on the computer.. will be taking it back to ford hopefully next week.
Azid Rush Donating doesnt allow you to be an idiot! Member 692 Member For: 19y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 18/08/09 10:41 AM Posted 18/08/09 10:41 AM sorry I cant help but I have heard quite a few have been having this problem
axw01 Legacy Donating Member 127 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Location: Brisbane QLD Posted 18/08/09 10:56 AM Posted 18/08/09 10:56 AM I'm having a problem with my bluetooth too, but different to yours. Sometimes, if the person I am speaking to hangs up before me, the phone disconnects but the car still thinks it is connected and the only way to disconnect the car is to turn off the phone and then turn it back on again.... Is anyone else having this problem?? It is intermittent (some days are worse than others) and Ford reckon they can't see a fault.Thanks.
michaelhardy Member 104 Member For: 17y 3m 21d Posted 19/08/09 09:56 AM Posted 19/08/09 09:56 AM well mines going in tomorrow, will letyou know what happens.
bentles Member 121 Member For: 18y 10d Gender: Male Location: melbourne Posted 19/08/09 10:08 AM Posted 19/08/09 10:08 AM very common, take it into ford, they should be able to reflash the bpm for you for free if they try charging you, go to another dealer n boycott the first one lol.
bentles Member 121 Member For: 18y 10d Gender: Male Location: melbourne Posted 19/08/09 10:10 AM Posted 19/08/09 10:10 AM I'm having a problem with my bluetooth too, but different to yours. Sometimes, if the person I am speaking to hangs up before me, the phone disconnects but the car still thinks it is connected and the only way to disconnect the car is to turn off the phone and then turn it back on again.... Is anyone else having this problem?? It is intermittent (some days are worse than others) and Ford reckon they can't see a fault.Thanks.problems like this are very hard to fault im afraid...could be a problem with your phone, could be a problem with the car...the thing with bluetooth is there is very little programmed into it, so the dealer cant check it for fault codes... if it isnt playing up at the time of testing there is nothing they can do. they cant just replace the module incase that wasnt the problem, ford will deny the dealers warranty claim if they test the module and nothing is wrong with it.
axw01 Legacy Donating Member 127 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Location: Brisbane QLD Posted 19/08/09 12:52 PM Posted 19/08/09 12:52 PM thanks, I guess I'll just have to stick with it until the next time I have to take it in and hope that it is happening..... or that I am driving by when it happens.......
Timmy-XR6T Legacy Donating Member 179 Member For: 17y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, Inner South Posted 19/08/09 09:22 PM Posted 19/08/09 09:22 PM is it a compatibility issue with the phone? Ive seen issues with sony/erricson connecting to the FG bluetooth but my Blackberry works perfectly
notol Team Octane Legacy Donating Member 209 Member For: 17y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: Innisfail Nth Qld Posted 19/08/09 10:09 PM Posted 19/08/09 10:09 PM (edited) I'm having a problem with my bluetooth too, but different to yours. Sometimes, if the person I am speaking to hangs up before me, the phone disconnects but the car still thinks it is connected and the only way to disconnect the car is to turn off the phone and then turn it back on again.... Is anyone else having this problem?? It is intermittent (some days are worse than others) and Ford reckon they can't see a fault.Thanks.Mate, I have this problem come up quite a bit. To save you turning off and restarting your car, just redial a number on your phone (just hit the dial button and before it even starts to ring it just hang up). So as long as the phone starts to try to connect to the number (before the connection is even established) you can hang it up and the car should go back to showing your favorite track or radio station.Let me know how it goes edit: also, I know it's a pain in the ass, but if you do happen to use the steering wheel control to hang up a conversation, this can happen - yet if you hang up from the handset itself, I've never encountered this issue. Something to ponder. I guess, if enough of us report this issue, then Ford may well have to move on it... Edited 19/08/09 10:12 PM by notol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now