HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m 2d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 18/07/03 06:14 AM Posted 18/07/03 06:14 AM Still deciding between the Vortech or Powerdyne kitswhat sort of $$$$ would you be looking at for this mod and are they fittable to any car/engine or just for the BA Any engine can have a mod of some sort. Have a search for Vortech, Powerdyne or just supercharges in general on the Net and see what you come up with. Just be careful of some places, they can take you for a ride. I'm lucky there are a few ppl I know that will look after me.For mine Fitted, the 'round about' figure I'm looking at would be:$6,500 - $7,500. See how it goes.I'm milking a couple of Aussie companies that are in preperation for releasing a complete 'bolt-on' kit for the Barra 182 along with all the bells 'n whistles. A lot are favouring the Vortech range of supercharges.By the time I do this, possibly 12 months away, there will be lotza kits out there.Be interesting to see how she would travel alongside the '240T' once mod is fitted. I'll be there with bells on along side you guys. Only problem would be.......You guys might have more than likely moved onto the "Series II" by that stage :D
AWW XR6T UTE Member 129 Member For: 23y 5m Location: Brisbane Posted 18/07/03 08:21 AM Posted 18/07/03 08:21 AM Sounds good, count me in!All we need is the time & date, and we'll supply the T's!....and I really want to see & hear dynosteve's car on the dyno!
dynosteve Dyno Tuner Legacy Donating Member 426 Member For: 23y 5m Location: Redcliffe Posted 18/07/03 12:19 PM Author Posted 18/07/03 12:19 PM well how about we plan it after I get back from the Expensive Daewoo vs ford dyno comp in melb I think that's in about 3 weeks, as I'm planning on having the car there for that event
Guest Dis_Orderly Guests Posted 21/07/03 12:14 AM Posted 21/07/03 12:14 AM QUOTE (Dis_Orderly @ Jul 18 2003, 09:34 AM) QUOTE Still deciding between the Vortech or Powerdyne kits what sort of $$$$ would you be looking at for this mod and are they fittable to any car/engine or just for the BA Any engine can have a mod of some sort. Have a search for Vortech, Powerdyne or just supercharges in general on the Net and see what you come up with. Just be careful of some places, they can take you for a ride. I'm lucky there are a few ppl I know that will look after me.For mine Fitted, the 'round about' figure I'm looking at would be:$6,500 - $7,500. See how it goes.I'm milking a couple of Aussie companies that are in preperation for releasing a complete 'bolt-on' kit for the Barra 182 along with all the bells 'n whistles. A lot are favouring the Vortech range of supercharges.By the time I do this, possibly 12 months away, there will be lotza kits out there.Be interesting to see how she would travel alongside the '240T' once mod is fitted. I'll be there with bells on along side you guys. Only problem would be.......You guys might have more than likely moved onto the "Series II" by that stage Thanks for the info will have to save some pennys first me thinks
bara Member 183 Member For: 23y 2m 22d Location: Gold Coast Posted 25/07/03 02:46 AM Posted 25/07/03 02:46 AM Looking forward to the opportunity Dyno steve. Keen to see if my NA XR6 ute does the same on your dyno as on the other one last weekend. 233 rear wheel hp with just Pacemakers, 2 & 1/2" exhaust and SS Induction. Seems alot of gain. Almost in Turbo XR6 country with that figure. Nowhere near yours though...
Guest jason Guests Posted 25/07/03 06:14 AM Posted 25/07/03 06:14 AM Hi Steve,Count me in for the Dyno day. Would love to know what my stocker puts out at the wheels.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 25/07/03 06:21 AM Posted 25/07/03 06:21 AM Still deciding between the Vortech or Powerdyne kits. go vortech, I bolted a vortech up after I siezed a powerdyne.my 2c worth.
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m 2d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 25/07/03 11:05 PM Posted 25/07/03 11:05 PM Thanks ms700,Yes I'm hearing Powerdyne is NOT the way to go. DynoSteve has pointed me in the right direction. Thanks Steve!!!So have we set a date for this dyno day at all? Hopefully it's near the end of August or later. At least that way, our N/A will not seem as toothless as the 'stock' N/A. :D "yeah baby"!
Guest Fords Glory Guests Posted 13/08/03 07:32 AM Posted 13/08/03 07:32 AM Hey fellas.I was just woundering if this dyno day is still happening.I mist one with my ute club and I really want to put my ute on a dyno to see what its got. If its still going ahead, am I still welcome to bring my ute on even though its a '98 XH Falcon ute and not a BA Turbo?
bara Member 183 Member For: 23y 2m 22d Location: Gold Coast Posted 16/08/03 06:38 AM Posted 16/08/03 06:38 AM Let's get this happening hey. I'm ready when you are Steve. Just set the date. Had a couple more mods put on, and am keen to see what improvement they made.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now