Phooned Member 72 Member For: 19y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 25/07/09 06:05 AM Posted 25/07/09 06:05 AM (edited) G'Day guys,I ended up picking up the diff (with the cradle, axles etc) that I asked about in this thread. I finally got around to swapping the IRS cradles over (what a PITA!)...HOWEVER, the tail shaft I purchased from the wreckers off an auto XR6T, refuses to bolt up. The CV that attaches the tail shaft to the diff is too small it seems (the bolts just wont line up). Therefore, assuming this diff is out of a manual, what are my options:a)Can I just swap over/buy CV's from a manual tail shaft? Will it bolt on to the auto tail shaft? b)Will an XR8/GT auto tail shaft bolt up or are the the same as the turbos?c)If none of the above work, what are my options? In hindsight I should have tried attaching the tailshaft to the diff first, before removing the old cradle. Oh well!I have a 4 speed auto btw.Cheers,AJ Edited 25/07/09 06:07 AM by Phooned
Phooned Member 72 Member For: 19y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 26/07/09 05:31 AM Author Posted 26/07/09 05:31 AM (edited) ...anyone? Edited 26/07/09 05:32 AM by Phooned
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 26/07/09 08:43 AM Posted 26/07/09 08:43 AM did you try your standed tailshaft?
Phooned Member 72 Member For: 19y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 26/07/09 11:50 AM Author Posted 26/07/09 11:50 AM did you try your standed tailshaft?yes mate,I did. It was no good..the bolts just wouldn't line up!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now