sambo_xr6t Member 157 Member For: 17y 2m 20d Posted 20/07/09 06:22 AM Posted 20/07/09 06:22 AM hey guys is it fine to just run a 4.5" high flow cat and a 4" dump pipe or do I need remove center muffler or any thing else I need to do cheers heaps
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 20/07/09 08:33 AM Posted 20/07/09 08:33 AM leave the centre muffler on in this case or it will sound very average, you could try replacing the centre muffler with hotdogs and it should sound ok while still having good flow.
sambo_xr6t Member 157 Member For: 17y 2m 20d Posted 20/07/09 09:08 AM Author Posted 20/07/09 09:08 AM thanx man so if I put high flow cat in hot dog and dumpie I should be all right than ?
sambo_xr6t Member 157 Member For: 17y 2m 20d Posted 21/07/09 03:52 AM Author Posted 21/07/09 03:52 AM any 1 so if I run a 4.5" cat replace mufler with hotdog and 4" dumpy should be fine ?
djkice Boost Addict Member 1,273 Member For: 18y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 22/07/09 01:45 AM Posted 22/07/09 01:45 AM are you getting it tuned as well? injectors etc?
sambo_xr6t Member 157 Member For: 17y 2m 20d Posted 22/07/09 05:12 AM Author Posted 22/07/09 05:12 AM yea man like flash tuner injectors fuel pump and so forth its either I get full exhaust system and no inter cooler or I get cat and dump and get inter cooler
djkice Boost Addict Member 1,273 Member For: 18y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 24/07/09 04:51 PM Posted 24/07/09 04:51 PM cat dump cooler seems like better option imo
aussie_dozer Blown Happiness Legacy Donating Member 130 Member For: 17y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: Queanbeyan NSW Posted 25/07/09 02:26 AM Posted 25/07/09 02:26 AM If you upgrade the dump & cat you will need to do your wastegate & acctuator to control / stop boost spike, due to you freeing up the exhaust system. I would say just fit the cat and leave the rest of the system so your tuner wont have to deal with massive boost spike issues.Spend the rest of your money on a high flow cooler, injectors and tune. Should see you 320rwkw..
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 25/07/09 02:31 AM Posted 25/07/09 02:31 AM Not in my case...I've got a XFroce dump and cat with no wastegate mods or actuator running 300rwkw's with no boost problems.
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 14d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 25/07/09 02:46 AM Posted 25/07/09 02:46 AM Adam, split dump of the straight 4"?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now