Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 19d
Posted

Hey everyone,

Parked the car on my driveway about a week ago and the zf dumped what looks to be about a litre of fluid all over the driveway. Took it down to Ford who cleaned it up and said there is minor seepage and to bring it back if it leaked anymore, so I took it home and thought id park on the driveway to save messing up my garage floor and it dumped more fluid. Now my driveway is on quite a decent slope and when I park it on a flat I dont seem to get as much fluid leaking.

So my question is, is it common for the box to leak from somewere when parked on a big angle or is something wrong and ford are just to lazy to look for it. Either way I probably need to do a service as its quite a bit of fluid on the ground but unless its under warranty I dont want ford to touch it. Is there a warning or limp mode if the levels get to low in the box or will I just be risking it if I drive it 150ks to my repairer of choice.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

You need to get that looked at. No fluid should be leaking from your car anywhere especially your gearbox. The fluid levels in the zf are important and loosing fluid is not going to be doing it any good. if you lost a litre then I'd be very concerned.

Benny

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted (edited)

hey azza

I have had auto medics at west gosford do a few things for me they seem good, maybe run it into them and get an idea of whats going on , then find out about your warranty 3yr 100k on these things, I think ,but with the tune up you've done they probably wouldn't warrant a trans fix

Edited by our06t
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Loitering in SEQ
Posted

Get it on a hoist asap. Sounds like a good excuse to do a service though. Sounds simple but check both plugs. Check for fine hairline cracks. The sumps are only plastic so anything could happen especially if youve bottomed out on something.

Bloody lazy Ford.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 19d
Posted

Cheers Guys, Mrs is gonna pop down to west gossie for me today then try and see if ford will warrant it depending on whats wrong.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 7m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Ipswich
Posted

Yeah I got leaks to..... my garage is flat and left it for a week and big drops underneath...taking it to ford tmoz and see what those bastardz have to say.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 19d
Posted

Mine ended up being an oring or seal were the loom goes into the box, was fixed under warranty on the second visit. Starting to wonder if they topped up the oil though...

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 7m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Ipswich
Posted

hey just got mine fixed today...leaking wiring loom to.....apparently they fixed it and topped up the fluid.....who knows...but I did hear they have another BF due in next week for the same problem.....Do I hear recall?????????

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...