SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 13d Gender: Male Posted 13/07/09 11:26 PM Posted 13/07/09 11:26 PM If I accelerate hard up hills, or taking off hard up hills from a stop sign or traffic lights, I can smell something like oil vapour.Its definitely not burning oil.I took my car to Ford for the first time for some warranty questions (squeaky suspension, loose rear bar, and this oil smell), and took the foreman for a drive. He could smell it but wants the car for a whole day to look at these problems. He suggested it could be something stuck on the exhaust and burning off, but I had a look while it was on a mates hoist and there its not that I'm sure.Any ideas?
ugy Legacy Donating Member 199 Member For: 20y 11m 8d Location: Auckland Posted 14/07/09 03:05 AM Posted 14/07/09 03:05 AM Engine breather hose loose or off
Rosie Member 361 Member For: 19y 5m 21d Posted 14/07/09 07:14 AM Posted 14/07/09 07:14 AM Check the O Rings in the Fire Wall where all the Heater Hoses are behind the Turbo!I had this problem and the O Rings weren't in right.Let all the Engine odours in!
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 13d Gender: Male Posted 14/07/09 08:19 AM Author Posted 14/07/09 08:19 AM Ugy: thanks for that, I did check the breather pipe and seems all good.awesome Rosie! cheers, I'll check that out tomorrow.
Venom XR Turbo Member 63 Member For: 23y 1m 5d Gender: Male Posted 17/07/09 01:59 AM Posted 17/07/09 01:59 AM So was it the firewall O-rings? I have the same problem currently
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 13d Gender: Male Posted 17/07/09 08:41 AM Author Posted 17/07/09 08:41 AM been working my a$$ off, and haven't had a chance to look yet. will check it out tomorrow.
Venom XR Turbo Member 63 Member For: 23y 1m 5d Gender: Male Posted 20/07/09 11:37 PM Posted 20/07/09 11:37 PM me too. Ill try n have a look tomorrow.Did you get anywhere with it jono?
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 13d Gender: Male Posted 05/08/09 02:14 AM Author Posted 05/08/09 02:14 AM I think the double 0-ring for the heater hoses is ok as far as I can see. I wonder where else the smell could come through the firewall?Then again, am I right in thinking that there probably shouldn't really be an oil vapour smell in the engine bay anyway unless the pcv is venting to atmosphere? The hose from the cam cover to the cross over pipe seems ok though.so yeah, I dunno????did you have a look Venom?
ETM Member 1,194 Member For: 19y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: syd south Posted 05/08/09 03:11 AM Posted 05/08/09 03:11 AM if it is the grommet loose it will also be associated with excessive engine noise.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 13d Gender: Male Posted 05/08/09 04:01 AM Author Posted 05/08/09 04:01 AM thanks for that, I guess the grommets are ok then, as the engine seems very quiet.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now