Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Noble park
Posted

hey guys

looking at buying a ba mk2 xr6t or bf xr6t

how many k's is to much for a bf xr6t ?

which model is the best to look at buying

cheers

scott

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Noble park
Posted

ok cool , how many k's is to many for a second hand bf xr6 turbo ? or doesnt it matter aslong as its been looked after ?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hobart, TAS
Posted

Well I bought my car with 90k on the clock, ive put nearly 10k on it. It didnt worry me as they were all high way kms, I put it on the dyno two weeks ago just to check out if everything was all good before I sold it and it pulled 198.9rwkw, no mods at all.....the tuner said the engine was very strong. Im only selling it because ive been recently been made redundant and cant afford it anymore, otherwise I would be keeping it untill you cant buy petrol anymore!!!

The gear box and diff are all strong too, maybe I just got a good one or because it was a x-telsra exec's car it has been serviced with great regularity??

Just when you do buy one make sure all the these parts (engine, gearbox, diff, steering, suspension etc.) feel tight and get it checked over by a qualified mechanic.

My car had a couple of stong chips etc, but I bought it any way as these things are purely cosmetic and I knew the important parts felt good, oh and go and drive as many as you can so you have something to compare, they are nearly all different!!!

Good luck!!!

:beerchug:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 20d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
if you get one 06/06 and onwards you get the better motor.

What's better about this motor? I have a BF MKII which is 10/06

  • Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Adrian,

All T's after 06/06 have stronger internals - Rods, pistons, springs etc. I Believe all BF MKII's have the better motor.

It is the same as a phoon motor, so it can handle more, is more reliable and is just all around stronger.

smXR6, there is no simple way to answer your question...

You may have a car with 100,000 KM's + that has been looked after perfectly. You may then have a T with 40,000 That has been flogged to death, thrashed cold etc...

As xr said, just have it thoroughly tested and you should be fine.

Dan

  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 1m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

Well when I was looking for one, I had a target price in mind. Next came year of make (later the better). Then distance travelled. Had to be around the 100k. Then started looking at things like private sale (not a car dealer), stock (if possible cos that could mean it hasn't been thrashed but not necessarily so), leather, tow bar, premium sound, color (yeah yeah but it's me who's gotta drive it around :blush: ), sunroof and not a ex-Police Car (but ex-anything else was generally okay like ex-Telstra cos they are anal about servicing on schedule and usually gentile execs are the only ones driving around in Ts in Telstra - ummm don't ask me how I know :thumbsup: ).

Then checked out www.carsales.com.au over a period of time and then choose some to inspect.

Of them that I inspected, I probably only ended up test driving about 33% of the cars I saw cos I could tell they didn't meet up to what I was expecting on paper.

I think I spent close to 6 months looking for one. :beerchug:

Edited by EvilDaifu
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: East Suburbs Melbourne
Posted

I brought my BF xrt with 76000 on the clock at the start of the year and I thought I was a little high but the owner assured me that the car had been mostly for highway driving (from Ballarat originally) I got the car for a very reasonable price under 24k with luxury pack.

Ive found that certain things are starting to get a bit worn and these include the exhaust, suspension bushes and mounts, so I think that the moral of the story is that if you go with higher k's little things will need attention sooner but like was mentioned further the car may have 30000 hard driving k's or 100000 of soft, well looked aftered k's. Just drive the car and have it inspected and you'll be fine.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Noble park
Posted

its all good now guys

I ended up buyin a bf f6 lol

cheers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...