Mish Member 84 Member For: 17y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 16/06/09 11:45 PM Posted 16/06/09 11:45 PM I remember the older Fords having absolutely massive massive keys. With a big chunky plastic/remote part and long keyu as well. Just wondering if they are still like that or have they updated the look slightly for the FG keys...I'm not saying this is going to sway my decision with what car to get...just wondering if it's still the same!Like I said, slightly odd I know! hehe!Cheers for the help guys!
ronburgundy I love gooold member Legacy Donating Member 1,222 Member For: 17y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne (west) Posted 16/06/09 11:47 PM Posted 16/06/09 11:47 PM It isn't massive but it isn't tiny either. The best thing is though, the key part itself folds in (kind of like a flick knife!).It might be the greatest invention ever (perhaps only a slight overstatement)
xr0500 Legacy Donating Member 321 Member For: 20y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Hobart, TAS Posted 17/06/09 12:08 AM Posted 17/06/09 12:08 AM And Ford Australia stole the "flick key" thing from the Euro car makers....
tig Legacy Donating Member 735 Member For: 19y 2m Gender: Male Location: kenthurst, Sydney Posted 17/06/09 12:47 AM Posted 17/06/09 12:47 AM Mrs tigwelders Golf has it and that is 5 yrs old so it is nothing new.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/06/09 12:55 AM Posted 17/06/09 12:55 AM In answer to your question, yes it is now a single unit that conatins the key and remote. About the size of a cigarette lighter (bit wider though) when folded in.The same key can be cut/coded for BFs as well.
dashturbo Legacy Donating Member 280 Member For: 18y 1m 26d Gender: Male Location: Watsonia Posted 17/06/09 02:29 AM Posted 17/06/09 02:29 AM Does that mean I can code a BF key/remote to my FG?Those remotes had a way bigger range than the current Mondeo ones.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/06/09 05:35 AM Posted 17/06/09 05:35 AM Probably, but I think it's more a case with the receiver on the FG. Dunno if they've moved it (was above the ICC previously) or what...but it is pathetic if you get more than five metres away from the car and you can't remember if you locked the bloody thing or not. One of life's major inconveniences! Had the FG key when I had the BF ute and there was no difference in range between the remotes.
dashturbo Legacy Donating Member 280 Member For: 18y 1m 26d Gender: Male Location: Watsonia Posted 17/06/09 06:21 AM Posted 17/06/09 06:21 AM That sucks.. I always liked the way the old ones went for near kilometers under the right circumstances...
Mish Member 84 Member For: 17y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 17/06/09 11:39 PM Author Posted 17/06/09 11:39 PM Sweet! I was hoping they had introduced the flick key. Has anyone had any problems with the flick key? Does it make any unusual noises when flicking? haha! I'm joking!Tab, hold the key to your head the next time you're out of range and then try it! Not sure what it does to the brain but it sure magnifies the distance! haha!
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/06/09 11:52 PM Posted 17/06/09 11:52 PM There's a thread devoted to that concept somewhere after some poof complained about the range on his garage remote.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now