Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Señor Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

hi

just got my fg flick key cut for my BF mkII ive followed instructions from my manual to code the transmitter and it works fine. but I coded my key and after doing everything it said I didnt get any of the lock cycling it talked about but my car starts and runs (with the new key) I can drive around. when I turn the car off and go to start it again it dies after 1 second. exactly like it sez it would in the manual for using an uncoded key. this happens everytime I go through the key coding process

am I missing something with the process?

did anyone else have any problems?

is it time for a visit to ford?

thanks :blink: Pretty frustrating.

cheers guys

  • ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 21d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I'm sure the instructions in the manual were for coding the remote fob, not the key itself.

the keys have to be coded at a locksmith with the proper equipment or at a Ford dealer.

I had a key cut & coded at Innerwest Security in Annandale for $160, this included the key, cutting and coding.

I bought a remote fob from ebay for $50, and used the instructions in the manual to pair it up.

At first I didn't get the cycling of the door locks but tried it again and it did, just like the manual describes.

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

If you have two existing keys then you can code the key yourself, otherwise the dealer will have to do it.

Keep in mind that you need to program both the key and the remote, even though it's now in one piece.

  • Señor Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

yeah mate I got the two keys have programed the remote no worries that works fine. I follow the instructions to program the key and all that crazy sh1t happens, their pretty simple directions I know that's why its so frustrating. if anyones got any ideas that would be awesome.

but I think its gonna be a trip to ford.

thanks tab and jono for the replies :crybaby:

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Got me stuffed then, if you did exactly as it says then the door locks should cycle after you enter the third (new) key...

The customer key teach mode allows the owner

limited teach and delete key function. To enter

customer key teach mode, the owner must have two

valid keys that are already taught to the BEM. Insert

one of the trained keys into the ignition lock and turn

to the accessories position, turn to off and remove the

key. Within 5 seconds insert the second key and turn

to the ignition on position. At this point the door locks

should cycle to indicate the teach mode has been

entered. To teach additional keys to the BEM, insert

the new key and turn to the ignition position, if

successful the door lock cycling will indicate the

number of keys taught. Once acknowledgment has

occurred turn the key to off and insert the next key to

be taught. Up to additional 6 keys may be taught in

this way.

Just make sure you follow it to the letter, first key turn to ACC, second and third keys turn to ON

Otherwise then I guess it's off to the dealer :crybaby:

  • Señor Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

yeah man followed it to the T the only acception is my ignition barrel is marked I II & III im assuming I is acc and II is on.

I tried that. and also II being acc and III being on aswell. this time I got a few lock cycles but still the same result with the car starting and shutting down after 1 second after 1st running for a while? if that gibberish made sense.

off to ford for me wish me luck.

thanks mate

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

If your in sydney, there's a locksmith in rockdale that can code the keys

  • Señor Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

aggghhh!! this thing is pissing me off to no end. now not only can I not get the new key to work its seems ive somehow erased all memory of my other keys. so I cant start my car AT ALL!! iv tried everything in the manual 100 times nothing is working for me.

can the RAA help me?

can Ford help me if I just take the keys in casue I cant drive my car to them?

anyone help please :blink:

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

:ukliam3:

I believe it has to be hooked up to a WDS, so they will need the car there. No idea if roadside assistance would carry around anything like that. :blush:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...